Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ReBoot

ReBoot

When I first saw Reboot I hated it. I never understood why it got so much praise. It was just another stupid cartoon. Then season 3 came. Season 3 was on another level altogether. I still hate season 1 and 2 and probably wouldn't bother watching them if they aired again, but season 3 was awesome. I've never seen season 4 though.

ReBoot

It was brought up in another topic on the subject, but someone got an interview the creator about it for the aforementioned Reboot Roadtrip. However, the guy didn't give us a transcription of the interview, and instead gave us a few minor details. >_>

ReBoot

Yeah, one of the ReBoot Roadtrip guys is a good friend of mine (I'm in the video interviews somewhere), and they signed an NDA to get the interview. Some of the other things I've heard from him are really interesting, but most of it can't be put out publicly.

ReBoot

Early CG TV show gets "ReBoot"

Mon Jul 23, 2:52 AM ET

"ReBoot," one of the earliest computer-animated episodic TV series, will be redeveloped as a trilogy of feature-length films by Rainmaker Animation.

Originally produced in 1994, the series centered on life within a computer, where good forces fought invading viruses and videogames were viewed from within.

"ReBoot" was created by MainFrame Entertainment, which was acquired by and renamed Rainmaker in 2006. The show aired for several seasons on ABC, YTV and Cartoon Network.

"The idea is to relaunch the brand in a new way," said Rainmaker Animation executive vice president Paul Gertz, who will oversee the project.

To do this, Rainmaker has entered into a strategic alliance with Zeros 2 Heroes, a Web site set to launch Monday (July 23) to provide a social network for comic book fans.

Five undiscovered writers chosen by Rainmaker were selected to work with the animation studio's production teams to prepare a pitch for the new "ReBoot" story line. These will be posted on the Zeros 2 Heroes site Thursday (July 26), the opening day of San Diego Comic-Con International. Those who visit the site will be able to work with each production team to help refine the ideas for "ReBoot" and later vote and select a favorite pitch. The brainstorming environment is what the site calls "Think Ups."

A Web-based comic, based on the selected story, will be published this year. Production on the features will commence at that time.

"'ReBoot's' legions of fans have been incredibly loyal and continue to keep the property alive on dozens of fan sites," Gertz said. "We're very enthusiastic about how we're reconceiving this classic series by creating an innovative way for those fans -- who were kids when the series started -- to use new technology to help guide us."

Zeros 2 Heroes president Matt Toner sees the Internet as a democratizing medium. "It takes away gatekeepers," he said. "We want to connect the fans with the producers ... and let them determine what the next hits will be. When it comes to long-standing genre entertainment properties, the fans are the real experts."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ReBoot

hmm... I believe time will unravel the confusion that lies before me right now. Though this news is fantastic, I'm just wondering how Rainmaker will go about accruing the necessary talent to bring ReBoot to a successful end.

ReBoot

Rainmaker IS the talent that made ReBoot what it was in the first place - since that's what Mainframe is now.

Also, I think the PRs are suggesting that they're not bringing the series to a successful end, but instead reinventing the franchise and starting over with the basic structure the series introduced but in theatrical film form.

ReBoot

I liked this show alot & I miss it. Thanks for jogging my memory, it's much appreciated. My memory is very foggy on this show, so please forgive the shortness of this reply.

I'm looking at the Reboot revival site right now. Thank you for bringing back memories.

ReBoot

I actually liked "Daemon Rising" - the one loose thread from the otherwise-awesome season three, maybe more could've been done with it, but it was still fairly satisfactorily resolved.

Now the "My Two Bobs" episodes are another story altogether. No loose ends (bar that last-second cliffhanger from "Sacrifice"), didn't care for the plot too much, and of course the ending. Shouldn't have happened. But it did, and if there's any chance of getting a resolution, I'm behind it.

ReBoot

I see that last bit now. But, what I meant by "accruing talent" was something that the TZ News article also cleared up for me.

ReBoot

I LOVE Daemon Rising. As a movie it's amazing.

But as a season, it's way too short. :P

I like the last two episodes of My Two Bobs, and the first one. The first one is hilarious when you know who the second Bob is. And then the reveal in the third one, and the last one is also funny.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information