Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Should there be an R rated animated movie based on Conker's BFD?

Yeah. Now. But they haven't done anything with the character. Nintendo didn't either. Nor do they want to.

I tell you what.

We'd probably see a Bubsy the Bobcat movie before a Conker one.

No.
    I've always thought of the game as Daffy's act in Show Biz Bugs-it only works once. You play it once, it's hilarious, and a blast to experience.
    Then, you play it a second time. Now that you've seen everything, the "shock" humor wears off, and it's kind of boring (the ONLY thing that's still funny is the Great Mighty Poo song). It doesn't hold up that well, and the experience itself is best kept as a fond memory (I can say similar things for any video game I used to play).
    I doubt a movie would be much better.

Conker's not really a big icon in the gaming world. He's only been in 2 games, neither of which were big sellers. Before you say he was in 3, remember that the third game you're thinking of was a watered down port, so that doesn't count.

Conker's Bad Fur Day was a novelty when it came out back in 2001.

Why?

Because it was so over the top with it's toilet humor and sexual innuendos. The N64 was considered the kiddie system, so seeing something like that being released for it made everyone stand up and take notice. But as has been mentioned, it wasn't a big seller. The N64 was in the twilight of it's lifetime when the game was released, and it didn't help that Majora's Mask and Banjo-Tooie had come out almost immediately before. Plus, that sort of thing isn't a novelty anymore. There are tons of games out there that hit you over the head with sex and vulgarity, so Conker isn't special.

The Xbox remake failed for other reasons. Microsoft stopped supporting the system before it came out (it was actually the last game published by Microsoft), and gamers had stopped supporting it. I only remember ever seeing two single page magazine ads in EGM for it (for comparisons sake, Oddworld: Strangers Wrath got four). Plus the humor in the game was lame and out of date. It had a whole level based on Saving Private Ryan, for crying out loud.

Conker is gone for good.

Wait...

1. Diddy Kong Racing

2. Conker's Pocket Tails

3. Conker's Bad Fur Day

Which one was a watered down port?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The original N64 game. It had an Xbox rerelease with updated graphics and an online multiplayer mode. Apparently considered by many to be poor in comparison to the original. I've never played the XBox version, so I don't know how true that assessment is.

If we can get him in black, tuded, striped of personality, and one-liner lovin' then sure! Otherwise I think their should be a PG-13 film done in CG like the games. I thought they actually finished the Xbox remake, guess not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, the Xbox remake was the watered down port. It removed some of the more repulsive content of the original game.

Er, that's what I meant. Hence my comment, "Xbox rerelease."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information