Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dump her, she needs to be able to pick up after things as well. Each of you need to pitch in with the cleaning/etc.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Girlfriends arent there just to have sex and replace your mum.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would buy her some good cookbooks, and a book on cleaning. Then invite her over and have a cleaning party and show her how it is done. If she throws a complete fit, then be prepared to do all the work yourself, or not be with her. You should be prepared to do your share of the work around the house also, unless she is going to be a stay at home wife. If you do marry her buy some books on child raising also.

i would hate to think that my cooking and or cleaning skills ( or desire to do it at all ) would make a significant impact on my finace's desire to marry me... shallow....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Get off your fat ass then.
    It's not a man's world anymore you sexist pig.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you're a troll but on the off-chance that you're not:

She is supposed to be your wife not your maid and mother. I would talk to her about how the chores would be divided if/when she moves in with you. Will you do the vacuuming if she does the dusting? If you cook will she iron? Marriage is about compromise so find your compromise. But if her cooking and cleaning ability are that important to you then dump her and let her find someone who can accept her the way she is.

Good luck.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Obliviously it is a hang up or you wouldn't be asking this question here. I think that household chores and cooking should be shared (although I do all the cooking in my house, I am just better) talk to her about it. But be realistic you need to share the duties. If it puts you off that much to help out then I don't think she should be with you.

diamondcollector
    switch it. in my former marriage my ex didn't cook or clean since he grew up having all the chores done by others. at first i made myself nuts trying to get the pig to sing, until i realized i couldn't get the pig to sing. Apologies to judge judy, whom i paraphrased.

instead i hired a top notch housekeeper at 200 bucks a day. she came every monday and did everything, including laundry, ironing, and putting away.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information