Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Nimiq 1

BEV deals for new customers

Good point, I never followed them......lol

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My contract with expressvu is up soon. I currently own 3 recievers and lease a 6100 for HD. Are there any promo's or deals for current subs in staying with BEV ? I am not overly impressed with HD lately from BEV, some HD channels pixalate or just are not as sharp as they once were, IMO anyway. I am in a position to go with Rogers cable or *C. How is the picture quality with Rogers for there HD content ? How is SD on a HD tv with digital cable ? Rogers has a good deal to switch 'ditch the dish' promo. Just wondered how picture quality in SD and HD compare to BEV.

905shmick

I had this same conversation on Thursday. I pushed to have the HD package for 12 months, seeing as they're throwing in th HD PVR for 12 months. They said there wasn't a code in the system to do that but the rep put a $60 credit on my account which is basically the same thing as the HD package is $10/mo.

I wonder what package they'll have 12 months from now when I call to cancel it all again, especially since they'll have A) spent the money to upgrade the dish and cabling at my end and B) not made any money off me on either the HD package or PVR.

i hate tv

I haven't had Rogers in a few years, but I would say that the picture quality is most likely pretty similar
    Although Bell may be worse on some channels that are overcompressed, I think the picture quality is usually good, even if some die hard people are convinced one is better than the other
    I would "give" as little to Rogers as possible for the "ditch the dish" promo
    You may not be happy with Rogers, so having your Bell boxes to use if you want to come back, will save you some $$$
    If you do like Bell, then you can sell your boxes privately
    Being a new customer, you will probably get a sweet deal with Rogers
    Call in, and ask what you will get if you transfer
    Tell them you will talk it over with the family, and make a decision
    Call ExpressVu with the offer, and see what they will offer you?
    Worst case scenario, you say bye bye Bell, and head to Rogers....

Mr.TV

ltldevl, here is what will happen. You're parents will receive a bill approx 15 days after activations (post programming addition) and it will be for 2 months of service to set up 1 month in advance (very normal practice).

So if your parent's monthly total is $82, it will be $164 plus taxes less the $200 discount. So given the activation takes place on Jan 28, 2008 then the first bill will be Jan 28- May 27 and probably sent somewhere in the middle of February. I.e. they should still have about$5 in discounts remaining for the period of May 28 - June 27th which essentially is the second physical bill but charges for your 3rd month of service. This wont be issued until May 13th ish. Hope this helps.

Also as far as I understand all new activations are 2 yr contracts.

dirtyjeffer

Rogers isn't BEV, there is no 2 year contract...i am simply going to stay with them for tw years as that is how long i get free HDPVR receivers (for trading mine in).

dirtyjeffer

i would be leary of any of these "special" deals they throw your way...most likely, at the end of your 12 months, if you cancel, they will say something about a 2 year contract, or say you didn't return the 9200 rental receiver and charge you $600 for it, which you will then have to fight with them for 8 months to get back...trust me, i have seen it so many times it was sickening.

the other thing i like about Rogers is the wait times for CS are always very minimal (i have only called a few times, but each time was under a minute and usually right away)...their CS is also open 24/7 for all of their business units...that is important for me, because i work M-F 8:30-5 (which is usually when most of Bell is open)...also, the two minor billing errors i had with Rogers were fixed immediately, with one call, within minutes (they forgot to give me my free call display and per second billing SOC codes on my account)...no fighting, no being called a liar, no 40 minute conversation of being put on hold while they check with their help desk...it was just easy...i don't mind the odd error, stuff happens, just fix it, which is what they did.

Nimiq 1

I believe that if you choose a 1 year Contract, you pay $99 for the installation, on a 2 year Term the installation is free.

It may have changed but this is how it was.

dirtyjeffer

i have an appointment scheduled in 3 weeks to install Rogers home phone/high speed internet and HD TV service...i can updated you when it is all done and give you an idea of what its like...i have talked to many people who use it where i live (as i know each area may be a little different) and i haven't heard one complaint...i used the trade in program, but for a few reasons...i won my BEV hardware, so i didn't pay anything for it anyway, and the way it has been working lately, i would feel bad "pawining" it off on someone else for a decent amount of money...instead, i will take the 2 HDPVR's from Rogers free for two years and explore my options later (newer units, technology, features)...the Rogers version of my package is also about $35/month less expensive, so even if i want to buy some HDPVR's after a couple of years to replace the 9200 and 5900 i traded in, i saved enough money to put towards them.

Reave

My contract is up as well this month. I called and the retention department and they had a couple interesting offers...

1) upgrade my reciever at no direct cost to myself for 12 mos. Free HD PVR rental over the term of a new 12 mo. contract + free HD programming for 6 mos.

or

2) keep my current rental reciever and receive 30% discount on programming for 6 mos at which time I can cancel my service or take option 1.

I chose to take option 2 for now and when I move in to my new house I will more than likely take option 1.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information