Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Prison Break (& Others - Fox?) no sound, also faster playback

I noticed this occurred at the start of last night's House on Fox. The problem went away when the simsub from Global started.

Here's my question; has anyone seen this occur on a show with no simsub?

Q

Bell carries the boston feed.

I was talking about the buffalo feed which was OTA.

Bman72s

Last night it happened on Bones at the beginning. I do not believe it was a simsub. I switched to Fox sd and sound was there although the picture was BRUTAL. Switched back to Fox HD and no sound. I actually ran a check switch and then sound was back althought it may well have been a coincidence. Seemed to flip in and out with switch to commercials. Eventually sound returned. If it is a BEV problem it is just another indication of how poor things are getting with them. The picture quality on Leafs/Thrashers last night was borderline unwatchable. As of now I believe HD is a waste of money on BEV.

djbloo

Well I wanted to see if there was more response to my post and noticed there was another thread on the subject. Come to realized it was mine, just renamed, neat, lol, anyways...

I noticed when I recored Prison Break and House when watching the recordings I noticed the video was moving a tad faster then normal in the parts of no sound. I also have noticed that after the sound comes back when it does go out again its exactly when the local Fox news airs.

Im not sure if its related but find interesting to add is that I noticed for some time that Fox-HD outputs in 2 different modes. To notice this switch watch using the HDMI. When in "mode 1" when fox airs something originally in SD you will see in the first few lines on top that the picture is stretch then the rest is in pillerbox. But there in this mode most of the time when airing something in HD. In "mode 2" its all align in the letter box but some commercials aired in HD are in letterbox. They always switch to mode 2 when doing there fox news ads but alot of the times forget to switch back. Is it a coincidence that when they switch to mode 2 there is no sound?

I think its Fox that has the issue, however I think its the receivers from bell thats causing the glitch. Due to the fact that for one the fast motion during no sound periods, and I noticed that periods of no sound would magically have sound after either swapping the pip or hitting the replay button.

Bell east had no sound for both Prison Break and K-Ville. As well on the West feed at least at the start of Prison Break.

This isn't good... the ball game is about to start on Fox and the audio is out... both E and W feeds!!!

Just as panic was about to set in, the audio returned. I hope it remains for the entire game.

towhytea

Just watched part of the game while gettin ready to go out and i think it happened but if i remember correct it was only during commercial

djbloo

Prison Break had no sound on the east coast, same as the west for a short period, then there was sound till fox aired there "comming up on fox news..." in which it was cut off again. Also when I was looking back at the recording I made of it on the PVR the parts that had no sound were playing a tad faster then it should, anyone else noticed that too?

Lindsay649

Always wanted to try out the closed caption option and last night was an opportunity to do so. Found that the captioning was a bit behind particularly when commercials were aired.

djbloo

Its still happening, The Simpsons on Fox HD east at 7pm had no sound. Is this Bell or Global trying to force people to watch it on cheap Global. Well im not budging, I rather watch all my Fox shows in CC then watch it on cheap/crap Global. The Nazi party also known as the CRTC is NOT going to tell me what i should watch!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information