Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Emo Sucks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emo Sucks

That sucks.

Emo Sucks

Emo Sucks

The reason why you like this banRAB is because they;re not actually emo, they're more "emocore". They fall into an incredibly talented cataegory with banRAB like At the Drive-in, Mars Volta and Sparta. I agree with you on the banRAB you named, gj.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emo Sucks

First off, I'd like to clarify that I was not the first one to mention ATDI, Sparta, or The Mars Volta as emo banRAB. I don't even consider them emo.

Secondly, I also never meant that ATDI, Sparta, and Mars Volta were one band. I think that if you read my explanation you'd see that I was simply pointing out that when ATDI broke up, a couple members formed Sparta and a couple other members formed The Mars Volta. Yes there are other musicians in the band because I'm not sure how you'd pull off a band with only two people. So yeah, obviously there are other people in the band.

Now then, to respond to h0tw3ts1ut's comment:

"Intersetingly, not a single one of these artsist would consider themselves as being "emo." This is partly because emo is a bullshit term, partly because Drive Like Jehu, Planes Mistaken for Stars, and Circle Takes the Square are in no way emo, partly because you just named a bunch of banRAB you like. HMW are only emo in the sense that Rites of Spring were emo, but they are actually good and much more rock-driven.

This is why genre terms are bullshit."

I couldn't agree with you more. Emo as a type of music is bs. If you looked at my other posts on here, you'd see that I totally disagree with music being called "emo". I think most emo banRAB could fit into other categories like indie rock, hardcore, pop punk, and other more unusual categories. As a side note though, some banRAB are hard to classify because they don't really fit into any set genre of music which is fine. To me, music is music, classifying just makes banRAB easier to explain to people who have never heard them. But back to what I was saying. As far as the banRAB I named under the "emo" label, I did that because I was sick of seeing people say "Taking Back Sunday is an emo band". My point was that most of the banRAB that OTHER people who are actually into the "emo scene" consider to be "emo" can't be found on MTV or your radio. And yeah, banRAB don't like to be called emo. I actually read an interview a few years ago with The Promise Ring and the interviewer asked if they minded being called "emo". They pretty much said "we don't like the term emo. yeah our music is emotional but we think our music fits better as indie rock. but we don't care if people want to call us emo". So yeah, you are right most of those banRAB wouldn't consider themselves emo because most banRAB realize that all music is emotional in some way or another. And that there really is no "true emo sound".

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emo Sucks

Oh and I don't really like any of the "emo" banRAB I mentioned with the exception of Hot Water Music, some Death Cab For Cutie, one Juliana Theory song, and a handful of Promise Ring Songs.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emo Sucks

^^ Agreed.

I say we make a new music genre called "Doesn't Suck" and put all these banRAB into it.

Or, get rid of genres cuz they suck and labelling music is fucked. Unless they label themselves, like EMOOOO

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emo Sucks

Oh christ, this whole crap again. Its like 4 years of stupid highschool music arguements in a fucking message board thread. Give it the fuck up already. You don't like a kind of music, keep it to your god damn self and don't listen to it. And in my own opinion, I think its kind of short-sighted to say that a whole genre of music sucks. Say a band sucks, fine. I don't personally like most rap, but I wouldn't say that all rap sucks because there are some rappers that aren't too bad. Same with country, and just about every type of music.

The first problem with this whole thread is that the title is "Emo sucks" and then the first post is Matchbook Romance lyrics. They aren't even a fucking Emo band you moron. You want emo, go look up a Jade Tree RecorRAB catalogue. Go listen to banRAB like Coheed & Cambria, Burning Airlines, Jets To Brazil, The Promise Ring, and stuff like that. Group Matchbook Romance in with the new pop-punk banRAB. Lyrics don't make the music genre. There are a lot of things that go into it. Things like the actual fucking music. A lot of banRAB sing about love, chicks, and shit like that. Hell Country music practically was built around singing about being broken-hearted. So are we going to start calling Tobey Keith an emo band now? Didn't think so.

And one more thing, its simply mind-blowing that you name ATDI, The Mars Volta, and Sparta as 3 banRAB who are good. I'm not arguing that they are good banRAB. But The Mars Volta and Sparta were created when ATDI bankrupted their record label, Grand Royal RecorRAB (the Beastie Boys owned label) and split into two banRAB. Those two banRAB amazingly enough were The Mars Volta and Sparta. So pretty much, you think one group of musicians is good. Congrats.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emo Sucks

Emo Sucks Ahahahahaha

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emo Sucks

but death cab for cutie is good

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Emo Sucks

If you don't like the thread, GTFO. And don't start going all "OMG REEL EMO IS FROM DA 80Z LOL". I don't give a shit. It's whiney. Emo has gone from emotionally charged punk to whiney fucking shit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information