Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alien Prequel & new BlueRay anthology release

but aren't we just going to end up with yet another film about one alien species fighting another alien species? These creature features are very captivating.

At least Scott's directing it, the problem is he's not very good at handling sequels.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

they weren't fighting.....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think he wants to reclaim the series in the face of the godawful AVP movies.
    It seems they couldn't reach an agreement on doing a sequel which is a shame. Alien Resurrection had a cliffhanger ending of sorts did it not?
    A prequel isn't the best idea but he has promised to return to the dark atmosphere of the original which bodes well. And the door is open for Giger to add new creations too.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I doubt Ridley would want to do a sequel seeing as how awful Alien Resurrection was and where it left the franchise. Doing a prequel was probably the only option, unless they did something to make it seem that Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection never happened, but they wouldn't dare do that.

Maybe an Alien 5 could be set in the 200 years between Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection, dealing with another group of scientists sent out to LV-426 (maybe from a rival company to Wayland Yutani) to get some Alien samples and run into trouble but end up discovering something about the Aliens themselves that Ripley/WY don't or didn't know which gives it a whole new element...

well - why make one Alien prequal when you can make 2....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/...medium=twitter

and as far as sequal stoires go - i am loving what i have read about the Aliens:Colonal Marines game (hopefully) out later this year. its set after Alien 3; A group of new Colonal Marines go and find out what happened to the Sulco mission, go to LV426 and even Fiorina 161 (not quite sure how a story could develop from that, maybe a second queen facehugger was aboard the Suloco and utilised the bovine stock on the planet)...

not one to re buy any DVD i already own for Bluray...but i have always said to myself i would make an exception for an Aliens boxset (i am hoping they have made a better version of the extended version of Alien3...the alternate version was good, but the missing bits looked shocking unrestored)

and yes...i want that rediculiously expensive limited edition!!!! when is it out?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information