Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Underrated Failure

Incubus are one of my favorite modern banRAB.

And you know, a big problem I have with your criticisms Big3, is again, it says absolutely nothing about the music.

Now, as for not liking their music, that's understandable, but I'm tired of people that say a band sucks and then try to "prove" it by pointing out that god forbid, the frontman comes off as being a douchebag.

That's a good reason to hate a musician or band on a personal level, NOT a good reason to say they are bad or talentless.

They were never really a nu metal band, but you sport some dreadlocks and have a DJ, well yeah, I know why they got pigeonholed in that category.

To say Incubus are talentless is just plain wrong.

So what? Hoobastank actually are sh*tty, so why not go after them? Does any artist have any f*cking control over what they influence? That's always a lame reason to hate somebody. If it wasn't a lame reason, than REM are objectively one of the worst banRAB of all time.

So your hatred for the band stems from, their political views? If picking on one of my favorite banRAB wasn't enough, you somehow turn it into a rant about vegans and feminists, now I of course, hate vegans and feminists, but that's never stopped me from liking Incubus, let alone come across as a good reason to say someone sucks.

I've used the vegan thing before to describe by hate for Morrissey yes, but I've always made it clear that I really only hate him on a personal level (though his solo music is objectively horrible). I'm not gonna say The Smiths suck because their singer likes to be a Nazi about what he eats.

And please, don't target a band for being snobbish about their beliefs and then defend somebody like the f*cking Smiths, who also have one of the most elitist fan followings in the known world.

Well your friend obviously has no understanding of the word emo.

And Incubus never needed to save their career, there was no reason at all for them to change their sound after Make Yourself and Morning View did as well as they did, if anything, their change in sound after that point has alienated a lot of their fans.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Underrated Failure

There are far worse things than Incubus out there, I'll say that much. Though they suffer from being overplayed, at least where I'm from.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Underrated Failure

no you illiterate clown. I said they were decidedly not a sacred cow. If I had gone after someone that was revered, I'd be a boring attention starved douche.

Incubus is far worse than the Rolling Stones, U2, Radiohead, and Kanye West but we can't say incubus is bad because their not super popular.

Well you know what I think they suck, and I think its high time we stopped giving a band a pass because they aren't played constantly. Incubus sucks and I don't care if their Boo Boo's favorite band, i'm still mocking them at risk of whatever violation that is Big Brother.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Underrated Failure

if this thread accomplishes nothing else, it will at least serve to show that boo boo will take personally nothing directed at him in the slightest or else something you're agreeing with him on.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Underrated Failure

I hate RATM as well but I think Unfan's assesment was dreadful. Rocha's vocals may be the worst there has ever been in history but Morello's guitar playing is quite interesting. They are very political, and actually mean it unlike Bono.

I hate them because they made either unlistenable or bland music. Their debut was alright though nothing brilliant.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Underrated Failure

Big3, I'll get to the thread, I think you need to be more ducks back-like however. rab is what it is. I believe if people like you, me, deminoid, cardboard, rt, hammer, urban, Bulldog, jack etc etc etc there are a ton of great posters here who have great conversations about music and it's ever changing lanRABcape. It's an open forum to all there will always be needless posts, repetitive nonsense and and a whole lot of sifting through the **** to get to the sugar, but it's always there.

I like Incubus but they have been in rapid decline for me for a decade now.

Here's a selected discography report card

S.C.I.E.N.C.E A

Make Yourself B+

Morning View B

A Crow Left of the Murder C

Light Grenades D+

Also Big3 I don't understand fully your title "underrated failure" could you elaborate of how you feel that motto applies to the band\thread?

I think like the premise of the thread (if I understand it); I think a band like Coldplay fits the criteria you mention for me.

I despise Coldplay not because their music is awful or listenable but because it does nothing for me, seems like a safe amalgamation of popular genres new and tried and true and by all accounts the band and it's merabers are worthless jack-oRAB which makes me even less inclined to give it a second or third chance.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Underrated Failure

I'd like to give a shout out to Bruce Springsteen, who's always irked me, but I've begun to develop a severe intolerance to his malignant songwriting. If you actually like him, ponder this:

1. Since the mid-1970s, he's been making the same generic music, and people REJOICED. There were critics who hailed him as the new face of rock n' roll, and after thirty years, he's been making the same goddamn songs over and over.

2. Springsteen is a mediocre guitarist, and he threatens to offend mediocrity itself by his inability to play, yet he somehow manages to draw comparisons to every other blues-based guitarist. I once read a Rolling Stone which compared no less than three Americana artists to the Boss.

3. Bruce Springsteen's solo albums are AWFUL. It is astounding to see how even die-hard Springsteen fans hate his solo work while they praise his work with the E Street Band. Doesn't really say much about his songwriting ability, does it?

4. Fuck New Jersey. Okay, so this might be tangent to the rant, but if you've ever been there (and you don't live there) you'll recognize it as one of the worst places in the United States. Dirty, crime-ridden and corrupt, New Jersey is a land mired in shit. Springsteen, naturally, spent enough of his life there to write most of his work about this shithole.

Springsteen is one of the biggest fails to grace music, and he's rarely recognized as such.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Underrated Failure

Its because the amount a given banRAB sucks is not fully appreciate, its underrated.

Change it if you think its not appropriate.

*No I get it, I just never thought of it that way for some reason. I read it wrong I guess."
    -Jayjamjah

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Underrated Failure

I'll agree to that, at least.

I certainly don't care if I never f*cking hear Drive again, I'll tell you that much.

Well I did kinda assume you were baiting me. I recall us having the Incubus discussion before.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Underrated Failure

Blink 182... I don't feel like ranting about them but seriously... F*cking BLINK 182

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information