Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i reckon it is and don't trust it. had one of these a month or so ago and told them i didn't trust them and hung up, that didn't stop them they rang again and my son who was here answered it and told them to rack off (actually stronger than that). then earlier this week i got another one and told them i didn't have my computer on or with me at the moment and anyway i had an excellent anti-virus protection (which i do) and was not interested and hung up, but that didn't stop them so they rang again but i did not answer the phone and anyway if it had been someone who really wanted to contact me i knew it would go through to 101. they rang another 2 times and i still did not answer so you guessed it, no message on 101. after these i manually run my anti virus protection system just to make sure.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it is a scam.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A phone call!?! You need to trace that and get the law after them. They could be nearby and might have their eyes on your house.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    100% SCAM

They are NOT from Microsoft - Microsoft does not call you. How would Microsoft know your phone number to begin with?

This scam is going around and they pretend to be from Dell, Microsoft, Norton, various ISPs, etc. It's a scam that has 2 parts
    1- they want you to log on to a remote access site so they can INSTALL a virus/malware on your computer, not get rid of it. Then they will blackmail you into payin up to $1500 to remove it
    2 - While they are on the remote access site, they are copying ALL of your files - your passwords, Contact lists, documents, banking info, etc for future identity theft purposes and hacking into your accounts to steal your money

If this person calls again, hang up then immediatley call your phone company to ask for the number the last call came from. Then file a police report

spectrawolveress
    Wow, what sites have you been giving your phone number too? I've heard of people getting random popups on their computer about phony virus's...but actually getting a phone call about it!? I know it could be entirely possible that the scammers just picked random numbers out of a phone book or other directory, but take extra special care from now on about who you give your contact info to.

Wow, what sites have you been giving your phone number too? I've heard of people getting random popups on their computer about phony virus's...but actually getting a phone call about it!? I know it could be entirely possible that the scammers just picked random numbers out of a phone book or other directory, but take extra special care from now on about who you give your contact info to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information