Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Browsing T3 SDcard from desktop PC?

Are you using Outlook both at home and at work or are you using the Palm Desktop at home? If you're using Outlook at both places, what versions?

If the T3 still came with Pocket Mirror, I'd be a lot more positive about you syncing to two computers. The Outlook conduits that come with the T3 are written by Palm and are considerably less spohisticated about resolving conflicts than Pocket Mirror. If you're using the Palm Desktop and Outlook, things get even hazier. As iii3 wrote, an option would be to always set one computer as the "master" and always overwrite the data on the other PC. The problem is that you almost inevitably forget which one is the master or enter something in one computer and it gets wiped out by the overwrite sync.

My suggestion would be to make sure you have a good backup both at home and at work and also take a good backup to your SD card. Try syncing to both compters normally and see how it goes. Some people do this every day with few problems while others find it a complete disaster. By having good backups before you try it out, you can restore everything if the experiment goes pear shaped.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Browsing T3 SDcard from desktop PC?

Hi Folks,

I found this on the Palmone website and although it confirms what has already been said I thought I would share it with you....

If you use two or more PCs (for example, a home PC and a work PC or a work PC and a laptop), you can install the Palm(tm) Desktop software on both machines. When you synchronize one computer with your Palm handheld, synchronizing on the second computer works fine. You may notice that the synchronization process may sometimes take a little longer if you synchronize on multiple PCs, which is normal.

I wonder if anyone can help....?

Im having trouble synchronizing my PDA with Outlook. The conduits that came with my T3 are all installed and I have even installed an update from the Palmone site. I had it working two weeks ago and now every Outlook synch' comes back as 'synchronization failed'.

Ive tried uninstalling things ie, additional Bluetooth software, going back to Palm desktop and then back to Outlook, uninstalling Palm desktop and then reinstalling with the Outlook conduits its driving me mad.!!!!!!!!!!

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Chow

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information