Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

"A Charlie Brown Christmas" - Talkback: 12/8 @ 8/7c on ABC

I was actually able to catch the special last night thanks to the fact that they didn't air it on a Tuesday, one of my class days. I always do get a kick out of their dancing. I remember that's how I wanted to dance after watching this special and other Peanuts moments. I also liked seeing Snoopy play the guitar and pretend to be all of those different animals. Linus's speech near the end was great and the ending was as touching as always. It's definitely the best Peanuts special in my opinion. I'll be looking foreword to watching the next Peanuts Christmas special they're having next week, even though it isn't nearly as good as the classic Christmas special.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which one? Aren't there, like, five Peanuts Christmas specials? I like It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown. Not quite as good as the first one, even though my memories for It's Christmastime Again go further back than for the "classic" one (I had It's Christmastime Again on a tape that I got at the gas station ages ago.) It's Christmastime Again was just a bunch of strips stitched together, but they did it in such a cohesive fashion that it worked well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i love seeing this peanuts special. i try to watch ti every year. that dance is just great.

I'm not sure if they're playing two like they did for last night, but they're airing the special where Rerun wants a dog for Christmas. I remember watching that and it was fun. They also had Christmas Greetings, or something like that title, on right after the classic Peanuts special last night.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You said it--Shermy looks like a zombie, Freda looks like a Hooters cheer leader, Sally looks like she's running,the twin girls look like wig wag signals Violet looks like she's sniffing her armpits and that dude in the yellow shirt looks like a puppet on a string; only Linus seems to move to the beat.

That dude in the yellow shirts name is 5, and the two twins are named 3 and 4, and of course are also 5's sisters. They were introduced in the 1960s, where they were mostly significant in their introductory storyline. 5 explained that his father gave the family numbers instead of names. 3 and 4 didn't make many appearances after they debuted, and their only other appearance in a Peanuts special was You're in Love, Charlie Brown.

This is the quintessential Christmas special, I remember watching this when I was a kid and I've seen it every year since. Everyone should enjoy this classic during the holidays

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information