Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do you find Photo Stream useful?

You really got me hopes up for a bit there Sharon. I thought that maybe the missing key was that I had to have Photo Stream disabled in order to get the reset to work. But I turned it off and then tried the reset and I get the same error that I've gotten from the beginning - that the Photo Stream couldn't be reset due to a network error. Then of course when I turn Photo Stream back on on the phone everything appears again.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can see this being a good long drawn out argument/information/answers to a much new iCloud service 😄it's what the forum neeRAB.

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was on the phone with apple techsupport for 2hrs trying to delete photos from iphoto,he didnt know that its not possible unless you reset or disable it,i only realized after,this neeRAB sorting out so we have a delete option.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I personally don't find it useful, and it's a bit inconsistent on my end. For some reason, it's picky on what photos it wants, and it's inconsistent with how the photo was obtained.

For example: I'll take pics, and they will appear in my iCloud photo stream, and I'll even save photos from MMS messages, and most if not all will also appear my photo stream. But sometimes, I'll take screen shots, and some will appear in my photo stream, and even grab images from the Facebook app, or Internet, and only a few of the photos i snagged will update, and appear within my photo stream. And the same applies visa versa.

I don't know if Its a server problem, connectivity problem, or a file type problem, then again, nor do I care what the problem is.

As of yet, iCloud photo stream is dead to me. LOL.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love your implementation, NewDestinyX! I hope they do it just that way. However, I think Apple's esthetic values simplicity over giving the user a lot of options. I'll bet they leave the Photo Stream sync completely automatic, but introduce a way to delete pictures from Photo Stream after the fact.

It's not completely obvious how Photo Stream deletion should work. If you take a picture on your iPhone, it appears in Photo Stream on your device and is synced to the cloud. Should you be able to delete it from the cloud by deleting it from Photo Stream on your own iPhone? And if you do that, will it then disappear from all the devices it was synced to? Should any of the clustered devices be able to delete any photo? Or should it only be possible to delete a photo from the device where it originated? (I vote for that one).

The other approach would be to allow photos to be deleted only from the Photo Stream in the cloud, using a web browser. I'm guessing that this is how the delete will ultimately be implemented. That seems to be the way synced Contacts are managed. First, of course, they have to make Photo Stream accessible from iCloud. Maybe that turned out to be harder than anticipated, which is why it wasn't implemented in the original rollout.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information