Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Definitve List: Most Overrated Bands\Artists ever

What part, exactly, of Brian's work, is better than Barrett's? The lyrics and structures in Brian's songs, even in their "best" work, Pet SounRAB, are far, far less innovative and diverse than Gates of Dawn, or even Barrett's solo albums.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

:crazy:

I love Wilson and actually like the Beach Boys, but Barrett's work on Piper and his best songs on his solo albums have better lyrics than almost all of the Beach Boys stuff (God Only Knows is their lyrical peak). See Emily Play is a better song in every aspect (save backing vocals) than anything the Beach Boys have ever done.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Honestly, I find Metallica to be overrated. The dedication of their fans though, its quite admirable. They like to rip on them and talk about how much they suck now, but go to sell out shows and always buy the new album even if they dont really like it! Lets see...I'll also say Dave Matthews Band is overrated.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dude, that's NOT a question. Does the statement end with a question mark???

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agreed.

:banghead:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay..Radiohead..are you serious? No way. Tupac I will definitely agree with, though. I also don't think Coldplay is too overrated. They made A Rush Of Blood To the Head...

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nooo!!!!1111oneOneone11!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

14. Garth Brooks

Most Overrated Album: Sevens
    Most Overrated song: Two Pina Coladas

So as I figured and has been confirmed, those of you in the UK can tune out, for the rest of us, remeraber how effing huge this guy was circa 1992-1994. Garth Brooks at one point had a #1 record that outside all nine of the remaining top 10 corabined. Not on the country charts, on the billboard pop charts. He was even #1 in the UK Country charts (they have those) And this was not undeserved, his first five albums are very good, and I am not a big country music fan at all. Here's the problem, somewhere around 1995 when he was swinging into the audience on a rope while performing live in prime time on national TV a concert in Central Park, he must have hit his head or something.

His next album, "Fresh Horses" was by his standarRAB a flop. It was the first album not to top the pop charts since "No Fences" just 18 months into his career. My wife having been a fan bought, I bought her the album, and we both reacted the same way, kind of like okay wheres the rest. Then came "Sevens" which was hyped as a great comeback album and it was commercially. It was again the #1 record in the US regardless of genre. But the content is exactly the type of thing that turns mainstream music fans off to country music. Mindless twang in a predictable petty circle. Rock bottom right? Not even close.............Enter Chris Gaines...Brooks takes on the persona of "Gaines" and releases an Alternative Rock album. No I am not making this up. Now this could be daring or creative or well at least interesting except here's the catch. It's not Brooks idea, it's for a movie (that never happened) and he doesn't write the songs (he typically co-wrote his country songs), and it's obvious. It's so lame I cringe when i hear it.

So the album borabs and Brooks left turn lovin' fans are confused, where'd our Garth go? Then he makes an announcement, times are tough and when the going gets tough the tough...retire? Well that's what he did. No more music he said, and he meant it, well except the part where he made another horrible record that was so Country it came with a straw hat and blue jeans and capitalized on the millions it rained down on him. A very wise person who once slept on my couch for a couple weeks told me something very profound "It takes balls to play music" he said, Garth for all your failings, more then any it's your lack of balls that get you ranked as the 14th most overrated artist in music history.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wu-Tang isn't gangsta rap. Whatsoever.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information