Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I think I'm skippping the N95......

Hi all
    I'm with Blue13x on this one as i have TomTom 6 and a Holox GPS and much prefer the N93 form factor and size especially the keypad. I am even able to achieve reasonable speed of Data entry in Laptop Mode which is how it is 90% of the time, no upgrade for not this one anyway.

Marc

It all goes with what kind of phone one has & the needs of the individual...

I use my N73 as a primary device for all purposes. I use it as a GPS device(with tomtom) with holux GPS receiver, as a camera & for taking video clips. Watch videos using smartmovie & music player for casual listening. And ofcourse browse the internet a lot using GPRS. Pretty much all the applications/features of N73. The only time I don't use N73 is for serious listening to Music like when I am in the airplane which I do every other week. I use my N91 at that time.

Like Rcadden said... its like wasting a LOT of money to get rid of N73 to get a N95 at this time.... hence the skip for me.

i'm done with phones

It depends on carrier, but you are right. I will say, though, that given the choice between 3G and S60, I'll choose s60 any day... and if T-Mo deploys 3G in the way that has been speculated (unique even from Cingular's deployment), I'm sure that it'll be a while before we see 3G S60 phones that work for T-Mo (and I'll be damned if I'm ever going near the orange splat again!).

-olly

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are plenty of concerns I have when it comes to the N95. One thing's for sure, I am NOT going to buy it day 1. I will wait until it levels off reasonably like the N73 did. I bought one for around $500 and they're still right around that price now, minus maybe $20-40.

I would really like to see how the GPS is implemented. It's starting to look more and more like a glorified GoogleMaps, and if that be the case, I can just stick with EDGE for my directional needs. If the GPS is as slow as EDGE, then it doesn't matter either. Also, if what they say is true, and I have to PAY for the step-by-step directions, then I may not be interested.

The camera only kinda influences me. If they can produce pictures at N73 quality, I'll be happy. I probably wouldn't want to take pictures any larger than 3.2mp anyway, because they take forever to send when you're not at a WLAN access point.

Lastly, battery life. If this device doesn't survive normal to heavy usage, then it'll just be another N80.

Those concerns aside, I really like the form factor, the huge screen (despite the resolution), getting WLAN back, the keypad (ANYTHING but the N73's!!!), the 3.5mm audio jack, the larger internal memory (though not much for anybody looking for hard drive-like space), TV-out, FP1 (even if it is the first device with it), and the 5mp camera is just a bonus if it works well.

All that said, I'll probably set my limit at $7-800 for it.

Wirelessly posted (Teh ReD DeViL: Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; [en]; SymbianOS/9.1 Series60/3.0) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413)

I think my next phone is going to be a US 3G phone as well. I'm particularly looking forward to a 3g phone with the e61 form factor now. And with t-mo looking at deploying 3g soon, i'll probably hold out till then.

Me too..

my next phone will be the successor to the E50 whenever that happens to come.

what yall mean your done with fones?

Personally I don't really like the N93 form factor it is too bulky and flips are not my kind of thing. I only deal with it because there is no other phone with its capabilities in the world.

If I could get a candybar or slider version of the N93 I would in a heartbeat.

when the specs were released and the rumored 1900mhz umts was gone so were my n95 dreams.
    even heavily considering "upgrading" to the N75 when it comes out for some 3G speed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information