Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ExpressVU for my 6 TVs?

notjoeyt.... I am also running an HD receiver off of my setup as well. 2 3100's off the 3x4 switch and 2 5900's and a 6100HD off the SW44 with room still for a 6th receiver.

ltldevl

ExpressVU for my 6 TVs?

Here's my setup...

On one SW44 multiswitch: I have 1 9200 (both feeds), 1 6100 and 1 4100.

Off the second SW44 multiswitch: I have 1 4100 and 3 ports for later additions.

Nimiq 1

ExpressVU for my 6 TVs?

You can only have 4 Receivers on Rental on a NEW installation.

If you want and need further recievers then you can place a second order, I believe there has to be a minimum of 14 days between the first and the subsequent installation. This order can only be for a maximim of 2 receivers.

Therefore Maximum receivers on an account is 6. Total rental cost would be $18 per month (plus programming), for 6 basic SD units.

NOTE: First 4 receiver basic install if on a 2 year term is free of charge. The second order will be billable. In "I want my HDTV's" example, he is correct that rental fees would be $12 per month for 4 x basic SD receivers (these should be, if the Tech follows Express Vu's policy) 1 x 4100 and 3 x 3100's.

The second installation would cost $75 for the Service call, this would include the installation of 1 receiver (the 5th on the account), then a further $50 for the 6th receiver. Then comes the kicker, don't forget that in this example we are talking about Renting all the 6 receivers. There is a charge to the customer of $150 for the 8 way multiswitch. This installation can and should be done using 2 x 4100's.

Again this was all based on single sat reception. It gets more complex and expensive if HD or other Nimiq 2 reception is involved.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ExpressVU for my 6 TVs?

So are you running 2 dishes or are you using an SW44A as well

SensualPoet

ExpressVU for my 6 TVs?

I could be wrong but my understanding is Bell counts "tuners" now, not receivers so 2 SD, 1 HD, and 1 HD PVR is not allowed -- that's "five" receivers as the HD PVR is dual tuner. Makes sense on a number of levels -- except to someone counting the actual receivers. This logic is followed on the online order tool (or was the last time I checked).

i hate tv

ExpressVU for my 6 TVs?

you are right sensual
    even though on their OWN brochures, they list 4 receivers as the maximum good thing they proof read, before sending it to be printed, just like the previous brochures that had a father and son on the front, watching expressvu, with a ROGERS CABLE remote in his hand!!haha
    it is 4 tuners, which is very easily confused by those at Bell

visiter555

ExpressVU for my 6 TVs?

One DishPro twin LNB with TWO RG6 into the house.

The RG6 cables feed into my first DP34 switch (2 LNB in, 3 IRD out, 3 pass through to next switch).

The 3 pass through feed to a second DP34 switch.

I can have 8 IRDs attached to the system with the TOTAL cost to me was:

DP twin LNB $17 US
    DP34 switch $15 US
    DP34 switch $15 US
    shipping $15 US

Total was $62 US or $75 Canadian and I only needed TWO RG6 from the dish inside the house. The SW44 requires FOUR RG6 (two from EACH dual LNB).

Beats the SW44 and splitters or two dishes or the non Echostar equipment!!! Been running this config for two years and not one problem. Just did my G/F with the same config and that is where the pricing came from. Bought the LNB & switches (ALL NEW) from E-Bay.

Stan Dev

ExpressVU for my 6 TVs?

In cases where you have more TVs than potential TV viewers (which may apply to some of the examples in this thread, or not), it can sometimes be cheaper and/or more convenient to install one receiver per viewer, rather than the usual approach of one receiver per TV. This requires that you also install some sort of distribution system to enable any receiver to be viewed and controlled from any TV location. This approach is especially attractive in the case of PVRs, because it allows you to watch a recorded show on any TV, not just on the one or two TVs attached to the PVR containing the recording.

That's what I have done at my house, where we have four viewing locations (3 rooms with HDTVs and a theatre room with a front projector) but only two potential viewers (my wife and me). We have two 9200 PVRs ("his" and "hers") to each record our own favourite shows. We use an HDTV matrix switch (Key Digital KD-MSW8x4) to route component video and digital audio from either 9200 or a single DVD player to any of the four viewing locations. We have a universal remote (MX-500) at each location, programmed to control the matrix switch, both 9200s, and the DVD player, and an IR distribution system (Xantech) to deliver the remotes' signals back to the location of the source devices.

This approach does require a lot more types of equipment, wiring, and knowledge than the usual approach, which certainly limits its applicability. However, it can compare favourably to the cost and limitations of buying or renting and installing a whole bunch of receivers.

erazmus

ExpressVU for my 6 TVs?

I have 5 receivers in the house (with the new 9200 needing two cables), and the added complexity of a FTA receiver set up to get FTA NASA TV from the 119 degrees bird. My setup involves two SW44, two 3x4 legacy switches, 4 splitters and a DiSEqC switch. It's been running fine for a couple of months. I put up some pictures and a schematic on my site:
    http://www.broadbandpig.com/archives...lex_satel.html

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

ExpressVU for my 6 TVs?

If you don't have HD or subscribe to ethnic specialty programming you can pick up the 2 input 8 output multiplexer they sell at Bell World.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information