Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    waterloo_rulz

Nokia 6265i From Telus *ringtone help*

Eh! I've seen that option, but I am still waiting on working miniSD to try it on. It is reasuring that you were able to get it to work

Thanx!

woli

You can not use MP3's as ringtones. You need to use xilisoft to convert them to 3ggp files first.

Nokia Cellular Phone - Mobile-Cell-Phone

waterloo_rulz

It involves almost the same procedure. First you have to download .jar games (there are tons of them out there on internet) I found a lot by searching Goolgle:evil: Also you have to have a MiniSD card in your phone. After you get it all, you can use Diego to change Java options. To be honest I don't remember the particular option off the bet, but it should be fairly obvious. Just find options for Java and change options so you can access and store aplications on memory card. If you can not find those options, gimme a shout I'll look it up.

Cheers!

phr33k

I actually just had a problem with my MiniSD card. It would read but not saved. My problem I think is related to the flavour of linux I usually use. But you can try this. I re-formatted in FAT32 instead of FAT16. Changes the size a little, but I have 1.0 GB it's a difference of 15MB. Since this, worked great. Maybe this will help your card out. What brand is the card?

(Had to add that my MiniSD is SanDisk. Bought it at Edmonton Cellular. Got the cable there too. I know I could have gone on the net to buy this stuff, but the boss sprung for them.:smart:

mark.k

yehh ... i really dont feel like buying a stupid usb and my laptop has bluetooth, so once it up its done ... i can just pop my minisd into my computer and ringtones will work right ? its just a quetion if it works throught bluetooth now ?

Bilder

You sure you are using an MMC card? Sometimes folks get an SD card and try and put it into these phones. The cards are very similar in size. The SD cards are a little thicker than the MMC, other than that they look the same.

I have a nokia 6255i, which is very similar to your model. I was able to install a 1gig MMC card and fill it with music with no troubles. Once you have the music on the phone, go to GALLERY, find the song you want to use, choose OPTIONS while the song is highlighted and then pick SET AS RINGTONE.

AimFocusCaptur

Somthing to try. dont see how it would get around digital rights management, but I could try non the less. Although the cable is cheaper than that MiniSD cards.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi,

i installed the program but it gave me some warning that it may not compatible with windows xp also would bluetooth work with the program?

ddrkid1768

Go where the Mp3 file is on your phone. I think with the recent nokias its under the gallery. Highlight the song you want, click options, then set as ring tone.

sanggnas

The Nokia 6265i or perhaps almost all Nokias can be unlocked so you can set your own ringtone. All you need is a USB cable CA53 or any compatible ones, bluetooth will never work, you also need a program called Diego, Nokia PC Suite also will never work neither.
    Upto now as I know you won't find that USB cable at anyTelus stores, the best place is eBay for dirt cheap money. once you installed Diego, hook up the 6265i then wait for Diego found the phone, you can go ahead tell Diego read all from the phone, if you worry because you don't have confident in hacking then you should back up the phone configuration first, this can be done with Nokia PC suite. Now browse through the left folder in Diego near to middle of the page you will see User setting > Ringtone, open it up, on the right panel a blue highline showing ringtone setting at #2, click the arrow change it back to #0, then click write all to the phone, wait for the phone reboot, unplug the cable. You're done the job, the entire work will take less than 5 minutes, do not pay someone 50 bucks to unlock it, yes you can do it, I did it for fun but I still like some default ringtones from Telus.
    To create yourself ringtones, you better have Audacity (free d/l) and Razorlame (also free). Audacity let you edit, adds special effect and trim your sound clip then Razorlame can encode back to MP3. The length of ringtone going to use should not longer than 20 seconds.

Hope this can help, because I like every ones in this forum, after reading many reviews about the phone, get out and bought one just to find out that it was handicapped by Telus. I am never a pro but internet is the place to search for, by the way did you know that Baidu.com is right now in head to head with Google in Asian countries ? If you can't find overhere then you will found overthere.

Have fun.:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information