Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    xtisme

How freaking hot IS it?

Recently had a lot of family in from Arizona and Northern Mexico and the consensus was that it's a lot cooler here than there. Everyone was remarking about how nice the weather is here, and how much cooler it is.

From my own perspective, I've lost the taste for high heat, so to me it was hot here (it's been in the 90's)...but to folks who are used to it being over a hundred and 10 (in the shade), and over a hundred at night, I guess this is nothing.

The nice thing, as the OP says, is 'it's a dry heat'...cause, that makes all the difference in the world!

-XT

Little Nemo

How freaking hot IS it?

It's 82 out and I was thinking how nice it was to have some cool weather for a chnage.

Little Nemo

How freaking hot IS it?

That's how freakin' hot it is.
    It's so hot even robots are sweating.

galen ubal

How freaking hot IS it?

*sigh*
    Whilst here in the great state of Victoria (Australia), it's been topping out at 50F, dropping to around freezing. That's not so bad - I used to live in Illinois, and temps like that in the winter would have had us out at the swimmin' hole - but it's mainly been overcast and dank, too. This morning is the first time I've seen the sun in a couple of weeks. Not all that much (desperately needed) rain either, which would make the overcast more bearable.

norinew

How freaking hot IS it?

Right here, in my apartment, in central, WV, it's not bad at all, even without AC. It's a big apartment, but it's ground-level (takes advantage of the warm-air-rises rule), it only has two (tiny) east-facing windows, so not a lot of the noon-day sunlight. Plus, ceiling fans in every room, plus window fans in the bedrooms and living room.

BUT. . .I spent the long July 4th weekend just outside of Washington, DC. Topped 105 every day we were there. Fuck. That was hot.

Rhythmdvl

How freaking hot IS it?

...so hot that Charles Nelson Reilly turned over in his grave to tan on his other side.

No, not that funny. But that's how wonderfully CNR filled his niche.

Cartooniverse

How freaking hot IS it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmdvl View Post
    ...so hot that Charles Nelson Reilly turned over in his grave to tan on his other side.

No, not that funny. But that's how wonderfully CNR filled his niche.
    Bwahahahahaha !! Made me laugh out loud here at Gate 6 in the Austin TX airport !! Might I contribute?

So hot that Charles Nelson Reilly turned over in his grave to snuggle up against George Hamilton, who has suntan to spare.

Oh, and that receipt? It was not in direct sunlight at all. The air temp in the car just rose that freakin' high.

The flipside is that as long as one is sipping Pedialyte, one should enjoy the 98/98 days as we used to call them in Philly when I was growing up. 98* F and 98% humidity. Even your fingernails needed Triple Action Gold Bond Medicated Powder.

yanceylebeef

How freaking hot IS it?

Second day of triple digits here in Denver, but there is a "cold" front coming through this week, should drop into the 80s.

Remember, it's not the heat, it's the stupididy.

Little Plastic Ninja

How freaking hot IS it?

Heh -- those tickets turn grey for me all the time if I leave them in the car too long. Austin, too.

I keep hearing "it hasn't gotten to 100 yet!" but I've seen up to 110 degrees on those big thermometer signs. I never really trust those, though.

When I lived here in August without air conditioning one year, I would take freezing cold showers. As soon as the cold water stopped I'd begin to sweat. I would quick-fast put on a thin nightgown and rush to bed to sleep next to the window with a fan on blowing cold air across me. I was still sweating. The trick was to fall asleep before I dried off.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How freaking hot IS it?

When I left for works at 8:00 am it was 99 degrees. Sunday it was 122 and I have both a mercury and electronic thermometers.

So yeah. Pretty freakin' hot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information