Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Telus will distribute Bell satellite TV in Alberta and BC

According to this link Shaw Direct is already bundling Shaw services.

PlayitSimple

Does this mean we will see Telus branded satellite TV in the East as well?! Also since they seem to be sharing everything, any chance Telus may launch their IPTV service in Ontario via Bell's infrastructure?? Ontario & Quebec are the only areas (and most populated parts of the country) without an IPTV service- don't understand the reason behind that?! Since Bell does not appear to be launching their IPTV service any time this decade, why not allow Telus to expand into the East and give consumers here another option for TV viewing?!

taxtwit

Hope you're right - Bell has discontinued using the 9242 (a two tuner/two output HD-PVR) and is now using the 9241 (two tuner, but only one output HD-PVR).

scrooloose

I think Bell will continue to sell Bell TV in the West, that's the only way they can offer bundles as well. In the US, AT&T resells either Dish or DirectTV (I just forget which one), but they still compete with one another.

-Mike

cptcarter

I have had Bell Mobility for 6 years now and have been an off and on subscriber of Bell TV and I must say that I have always had good customer service. I see a lot of people always talking bad about Bell, but the reality is, if you don't like it look elsewhere.

As for the customer service agent who said "Absolutely nothing, you'll be back, that is ridiculous!

TheSteve

Telus has the 9241, not the 9242.

The downlink setup Telus has built in BC and Alberta is very different then an uplink. I highly doubt they will ever uplink any of there own channels. It may not even be possible as the uplink antennas on the Bell satellite likely point only to Ontario.

ttvguy

Telus will be doing the installations and support for their branded satellite service, training has been underway for quite a while now. Bell will likely still sell it's own service out west and it's doubtful existing customers will be migrated to Telus.

The advantage is that Telus will be able to penetrate a much larger populous than it can currently with IPTV. (ie. Smaller communities and more suburbia) It will also provide people in houses the ability to have more televisions connnected since bandwidth isn't an issue.

IPTV is still the major focus but if you can leverage another TV product to provide more revenue while building out IPTV it makes sense.

The key is that it allows Telus to bundle services with TV, whereas Bell can't do that out west very easily since they are not a major phone/internet provider. Bundling gets the customer out of the hands of the cable companies completely.

r0cc0

There was mention of Telus using the 6131 and 9141 receivers re-branded, and the 6000 and something else.

Can anyone confirm which Bell receivers will work with Telus? I'm considering switching from Shaw, esp. if I can get the Win Back promotional pricing, but would need additional receivers and would love to be able to buy someone's used Bell receivers rather than renting from Telus.

Thanks!

R0cc0

ralph_sinclair

I think Bell and Aliant may be doing the same thing in Atlantic Canada?

Pinza

Bell have NOT swapped out the MPEG2 HD receivers yet (6100 & 9200), they only got rid of the 6000, which was not capable of 8PSK.

I here that a couple of the Bell managers out West are now working for a Bell Contractor ....Not confirmed yet but interesting. If Hackinsat is correct I wonder why they jumped ship.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information