Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ARR

how to cancel HD

It may be hard to find or not even there, but as advised, best to err on the side of caution in case grief is coming your way.

BTW, why would you cancel from Canada's leader in HD?
    Smokin' lineup they got.

jumpy27

how to cancel HD

They used to have Canada's biggest HD lineup, but now with Shaw adding the eastern HD channels all the Canadian providers have similar HD packages. Rogers has more, *C has more coming, and Shaw is catching up quickly. But if you want NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL Center Ice in HD in Western Canada, Bell is still the only way to go.

Nimiq 1

how to cancel HD

Alex9091, since when has an Existing Customer been able to get FREE installation, even of Rental Equipment.?

My thinking was 1 year agreement and being carged for installation, hence my question of his term.?

jumpy27

how to cancel HD

Why don't you just buy a 4100 for only $99 and install it yourself? That way you would be sure to bypass the ridiculous $75 hook-up fee.

how to cancel HD

I haven't actually ordered the 4100. I am going to wait to make sure that everything goes as it should first with my requested downgrade. The CS agent said that I would only be charged for installation if I requested it. Hopefully shes right. If in fact shes incorrect I will buy one sometime in the future. I will ask about it though when I call back in September. The CS said that there would be no need to have it installed by someone since the cables were already there. I already have a rental agreement with my current 4100. Maybe they will allow me to add on to that current agreement.

Alex9091

how to cancel HD

I was fooled by a misinformation Nimiq 1.

You are right, only NEW installations are free of charge. Anything else is 75$. On the counterpart, the receiver you get is guaranteed for life. I still think it's a high price. Brooker, I think that if you complain loud enough they could waive it.

SensualPoet

how to cancel HD

You might call Bell now and ask the rules. Then call again and speak to a different agent -- then compare notes.

Bell, I believe, has a "end of billing cycle" downgrade policy. If your billing cycle ends on the 15th of the month, you can call on the 8th and downgrade effective a week later (the 15th). If you call on the 9th, you wait about 30 days.

If you "cancel" before the contract ends, you may have to pay a bunch of extra fees because you "broke" the contract on day 359 of a 365 day contract.

Tread cautiously; but certainly cancel ahead of Sep 8.

Nimiq 1

how to cancel HD

Whilst it might not be "right" to you, it is the Express Vu way.

All NEW Rentals are installed by Technicians, regardless of existing cables etc... There were a few Bell World Stores that carried rental receivers but this was an error by Bell Distribution, who shipped out receivers and not the Rental kits.

You might be surprised to know just how many replacement receivers shipped out to customers end up being installed by a Technician because either the same problems exist or the customers just do not know what cables go where.

I do not see this policy changing in the near future. Having said that, there may be some leeway when MPEG4 receivers arrive but there is nothing official yet. Watch this space as they say.

Nimiq 1

how to cancel HD

Again just to clarify;

I think it is only guaranteed for as long as you pay the rental fee.?

Or in Bell Speak, guaranteed for the life of your rental period.?

Nimiq 1

how to cancel HD

Thats a perfect answer if he is just exchanging a receiver.

If he is adding a 3rd receiver, then you need to factor in the multiswitch as well.

Or for an HD, there is the Upgrade Kit to factor in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information