Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator 3

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terminator 3

Someone was saying the DVD will be out in Feb 2004, Its out just in time for christmas, 8th December 2003.

{Sorry for bumping it up}

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terminator 3

The 3rd one kinda hints at the the future isn't set, but inevitable that certain events will happen. Looking at it that way, no matter what happens in the present, we're not changing the future entirely, because we can't alter the inevitable. Time travel movies are always a bit dodgy on the realism side anyway don't you think

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terminator 3

There's a number of good explanations for these things around in forums but they do tend to get a bit mind boggling and my brain usually metls down after reading one paragraph.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terminator 3

The war begins July 2nd in America. The UK gets it on August 1st. WHICH IS REALLY ****ING ANNOYING.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terminator 3

Terminator 3, WoW!! Can't wait especially having read Harry's review, check it out:

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15576

A film made by a fan for the fans, should kick ass!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terminator 3

Saw it yesterday. I'm a big fan of the first two movies, and although this was quite a good formulaic action flick, it was still a formulaic action flick. Which is a shame, because the script was reasonably good, Arnie was a lot better than I thought he'd be, and the rest of the cast did a fairly good job too. It just needed a director who's idea of creating excitement goes beyond putting in more and bigger explosions than ever before. Even if James Cameron couldn't be pursuaded to take it on, there must have been somebody who could embrace the style of the original films rather than churn out the same old stuff.

Dave

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terminator 3

Newsflash: IT DOES!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terminator 3

Just thought I'd clear up a few things.

The '12A' UK version of Terminator 3 is in no way different to the 'R' Rated US version.
    The studio (Warner Brothers I think?) was happy with a restrictive rating in the US (their main market/income) so I doubt they deliberately went for a 12A rating in the UK. They probably would be happy with a '15' certificate.

What you have to understand about the BBFC - as apposed to CARA (the American equivalent) - is they are not robots. Although their guidelines are enforced, they're not Gospel.

CARA look at violence as violence, usually not taking into account its subject matter or context. This makes their job extremely easy and usually 'parent pleasing'.
    The BBFC prefer to go with a more educated approach which often involves members of the public (parents, teachers, target audience etc) when issuing certificates.

If you look at films such as Jurassic Park, Lord of the Rings and more recently Terminator 3 you'll notice they all achieved lower ratings in the UK. This is mostly (although not completely) due to the context of the violence being Creature vs. Human or Robot vs. Human. Now if you were to substitute the creature/robot with another human, it would be a completely different situation.
    This is further confirmed with the recent Spider-man film which was borderline '15' until the public stepped in (consisting of a test audience of parents, teachers, children) and gave it the 'all clear' so-to-speak, therefore achieving a '12' rating.

If you're still suspicious of Terminator 3's rating (which I must admit was pushing the envelope), check the version you watched in British cinemas against a full listing of it's violent/language content featured in the American version here.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terminator 3

Thanks for that, don't know whether my 12 year old will want to see it though but we do.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terminator 3

*WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Watched it last night on DVD (sssh!! )

I dunno..firstly, I think the first two, particularly T2 were excellent but this one..... it just didn't have the same feel about it - sure as an action movie it's ok but it didn't have a "Terminator" feel about it (despite the fact that yes, there's Judgement Day, T-90s, Arnie etc in it..it's hard to explain really - for example: they've redone the "arrival" effects sequence to make it more "flash", but I have to say I prefer the old way..what's with this 'orb' thing?).

And the ending...ok it was unexpected sure but it just said "sequel" to me (which is now probably unlikely given that Arnie has decided to enter politics leaving me with a somewhat empty feeling really).

So all in all, in my humble opinion, as a stand alone movie it's enjoyable and there's plenty of explosions to keep the younger viewer happy, but as (possibly) the last in an epic franchise I'm afraid it doesn't make the grade...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information