Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    skimom

Spironolactone using please reply

My daughter takes yasmin and 50 mgs. of spiro with very good results. That's equiv. to 75 mgs. total.

sidraz7

I'm pretty sure a derm can prescribe you antibiotics over the phone all they have to do is fax over the prescription to your pharmacy really.. so i hope you can get it! My parents are doctors and my dad also said that maybe i should go on antibiotics to flush out all the bacteria so the Spiro can work well.. but my mom whose also a doctor is really againist the use of antibiotics for me cause i was on them for such a long time before and thats not entirely good for body in the long run. Thankfully, I think the Spiro is working for me without antibiotics.. no new breakouts since I started last week. Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself either :P

kesae

I'm happy for all of you that are doing so well with Spiro. My derm told me that if there was spotting I needed to let her know that. I did experince spotting a few days ago but now its been two days. I think thats being on a bcp is important if having regular perioRAB is a concern for anyone. I too might also have to be on Yaz.

goosepimples

Hi Sidraz7-
    I suggest you continue with your original routine for a while. I'm sure everyone is different but I experienced a terrible initial breakout from the spiro (my acne got much worse as soon as I started taking it). Continuing with your routine may help to fight any inclination your skin has to break out while getting used to the med. I have been using Benzaclin(a topical benzoyl-peroxide/clindamycin corabo that I had gotten a while back from a derm) to try and help me clear this initial breakout. I plan on continuing applying the topical until it runs out and I adjust to the spiro. GOOD LUCK and let me know how you progress. we are starting just about the same time. i hope it works for us both!

karm0099

I am 3 weeks into the sprio and am so happy! My skin is healing! The old ones are there, but it's like they are not infected anymore. I have much less oil, my pores are shrinking. I have had no side effects, except I'm a little dryer. Not one single new cyst since I started taking it. I think I had a very minimal initial breakout - that was nothing compared to the cysts. This stuff is a miracle for women with cystic acne. Don't be afraid to take it, it works and is not damaging to your body like other harsh treatments.

goosepimples

My derm put me on minocycline today- one pill in the a.m. and one in the p.m. (same times I take the Spiro). I hope this helps to knock out the bacteria and ease this breakout. Hopefully it will help me clear as the spiro (hopefully) begins to work. There so much *hoping* involved in acne. :angel:i *hope* it works this time. I'm somewhat doubtful as minocycline is one of the first antibiotics I ever went on when I began getting acne, but maybe in corabo with the spiro it will do something this time........we'll see.......

goosepimples

things are bad again. pimples on cheeks and more back on forehead. the thing that is REALLY scaring me is that on top of all this i seem to be developing bad melasma on my upper lip, i had some traces of it last summer but now it is back and very noticeable. Literally over the last two weeks. I think it may have something to do with my taking the minocylcine (i have read that some people have a connection btwn mino and melasma). UGH. or maybe it's my BCPs (orthocyclen). I NEED HELP. i look worse than ever, have a graduation coming up, and have to meet my boyfrienRAB parents (all in the next three weeks). I have never felt so powerless over my skin, nor erabarrassed. Perhaps this spiro experiment was a terrible idea--- but I really had no other options. I want to stick with it. But I wish this melasma would go away--it is making me want to hide even more than the acne! man i must have the worst genes ever. . .

nancid75

Haven't heard of Bactrim - cream or oral? I have been on all sorts of stuff in the last year. Very anxious to see if this works.

saavy77

look into the blue/red light acne therapy. the lights are called omnilux. it helped me a lot. i, like you, had taken accutane. it worked but after 6 years i was a zit face again and tried to take accutane again and found i couldn't tolerate. i tried the lights. you have to keep up with it but it clears up your skin like nothing else could.

karm0099

it never made me sick to my stomach -
    I alternate between 150 and 125.
    have been on for almost 6 months, trying to slowly lower my dose to 100, but break out a little when I go to 125 so I am taking 150 like twice a week and/or around my period.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information