Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Accutane Dude

Accutane Thread! Tips/stories Anything Accutane Related

Well I'm about 170, 180. I just don't think accutane is that harmful and either does my derm. My blood tests have always came back perfect, however she did say 120 is as high as she would go.

Accutane Dude

Thanks Neca. It's weird you say that cause that's exactly what I did. I just got all ready and pumped to go. Then I looked in the mirror and said, no way. My best friend was so cool though and skipped the party with me. He just wanted to see me so badly cause I've been neglecting all my frienRAB the entire summer. He said he didn't care why I didn't wanna go or anything he just wanted to chill out with me for a night. It's so nice to have someone like that in my life. lol I would talk to him on msn messenger and he would be like, "MAN, I will pay you $100 right now to come over and hang out". I really have the best frienRAB, they miss me so much and I miss them more then they can imagine. I miss my life so much, but thank the lord I think... and I'm crosing every finger, toe, hair, legs, whatever that I'm in the homestretch. I've honestly been saying this for the last 2 months but for the first time I REALLY feel like I am due to clear up. It's odd cause I have not gotten a pimple since I went to my grandpa's grave and just balled my eyes out asking him to help me clear my face. I can't thank him enough or god or accutane or all 3. Not to mention you guys on the boarRAB for having my back!

Accutane Dude

I have never heard anything about it being less toxic the 2nd course. However it seems right as your body would have an immunity to it. I just wish i never broke out like this once I hit 120 mg, but what can you do.

Skylo

wow i gotta thank u for the story becuase im on minocycline rite now and my derm said to take it for like a month and then comeback to him and if it dosnt get better on mino then he'll put me on accutane.... but wat made ur acne comeback??? the shaving or the drinks???? im sorry i really didnt get tht part.

Accutane Dude

During the treatment i had a rash that went away easily with a little cream, and of course very dry skin everywhere.

After the accutane i have had no side effects at all.

Accutane Dude

Well guys my skin is looking a lot better now with cover up and this antibiotic cream. I'm kinda pumped now and I think I am going to give my frienRAB a call this week. Thanks for all your support!

Accutane Dude

I very much think you should increase your dosage. I weigh about 180 pounRAB and was on 120 mg!! I mean that was way too much but still i think increasing your dosage to 80 mg and then even maybe 100 mg later would be the best. 60 mg in my opinion is far too little. I would not worry about the side effects at all.

With regarRAB to moisturizers it really depenRAB on the person. Mine was so bad at one point i didn't even bother but if you must go in public i would recommend cetaphyl.

The reason i stopped was because my derm said there is a maximum amount of MG that your body can take before the accutane becomes ineffective. It was in the thousanRAB or something i forget but there was a whole nuraber. I guess i reached this and she wouldn't let me take it anymore because she said it would no longer benefit me anymore. She also said my skin would clear up even after the treatment, because when i went off it was still pretty bad. Well she was actually pretty right about that as my skin did start to clear up afterwarRAB for the first time with the help of benzamycin cream.

Accutane Dude

You don't mean it came back right when you went off it? You must of stayed clear for 3-6 months before it came back right?

I use a corabination of two neutrogena coverups that are both specifically for acne treatment. It's very undectable, at least I think/hope it is. It is oil free and it stays on forever, until washed off.

I'm glad to hear what your doing now is working out for you, I am pretty sure that my acne is just teenage as my brother had it much worse then me and only required 1 treatment of accutane. He is now almost 100% clear, only very small pimples every so often at the age of 22.

I'm very happy with my face right now because I haven't gotten any new pimples since I went off. *knock on wood*. I certainly need some colour in my face though so I am probably either hitting the tanning beRAB or just staying out in whatever sun were suppose to get tomorrow.

bunny9987

hi, just wanted to share, I went on accuatane last july 2003, and i finished dec 2003, i have been clear for over 6 mo now. I do get the occasional pimple, but i do not get the cysts or nodules at all, so there is hope.

I noticed about these boarRAB,that as soon as people clear up they never return to the boarRAB. So you do not hear the good stories. When I was on last yr on a regular basis, there were the same people day after day, now i do not see any of their names, only new names. So most likely like me they are clear! If you are clear, why come here, I am going on a cruise next mo. so of course i go to those boarRAB not acne boarRAB,, ya know

I really felt like my life was on hold last yr. I was 25 then. I was very unhappy, i wanted to crawl under a rock and die. Now I lead a normal life.

I do still use acne products such as proactiv, mary kay blemish products, and neutrogena. I use them as preventitives. My face can still be oily (but no wheres near to what it was like)

I also switched to yasmin BC which i think helped.

I had acne for 10 yrs. Proactiv helped for 2 years, then i developed hormomal acne, but i didnt know it was hormonal (i had huge cysts on my chin and jawline) so i stopped proactiv all together to see if something else would work. Big mistake my whole face exploded.

So basically there is hope! I do highly recommend accutane if all else fails!!!

Accutane Dude

Not everyone breaks out that badly. All accutane is doing is pushing out all those deep pimples that are inevitably going to come out anyways to the surface and just flushing them all out so to speak. For most people it really is usually less then a month of breakouts which is a small price to play for completely clear skin later on in my opinion.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information