Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Day 1 all over again!

glad your doing well holly . to day has been ok an im very positive about the next few days as this is not my first rodeo . went through the wd last aug day 1 lots of sweating good thats how i get the toxins out just like you by day 2an3 i was feeling alot more stronger. my situation involves motocycle accident last june via 75 year old lady not looking . got feeling better after three months had a fall on wet leaves in nov on the same side 3 weeks on meRAB . jan tossed off the snowmobile 2 weeks on pain meRAB . then the md said you have siatica think i had it sooner it just was not so intence. i think lifting my sled 1 month after accident. may have triggerd it. it is on the left side. so anyway how are you doing eating more more energy . thank you for you kind worRAB. hows the sleep feeling more rested. i posted on my thread where i talk more about the siatica its so nice to have someone that was taking pretty much the same meRAB an our wd seems alot alike.its been 6 weeks on the narcs this time but all the time put together was 4 an a half months the body knows when its time scott thanks:angel: i know we will be ok this is just plain helpful. i will keep you updated

Day 1 all over again!

hi holly hope all is well . have not heard from you in awhile. thanx for all your help . hope to here from you soon .scott

Day 1 all over again!

YOUR SO RIGHT I WILL STAY IN TOUCH TO SEE HOW YOU ARE DOING . YA NOW I DO REMErabER IT THAT WAY. HARD TO GET TO SLEEP BUT STAYING ASLEEP WAS GOOD SWEATING LIKE A PIG HAHA .PIGS DONT SWEAT THANKS AGAIN.WAS TALKING TO A LADY AT LOCAL MEETING TONIGHT ABOUT MY SITUATION . BUT SOME HOW YOU HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST HELP FOR ME .I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL WHAT I SAY TO CERTAIN PEOPLE. AN THIS WAY IS GOOD FOR ALL OF US CAUSE WE DONT KNOW EACH OTHER PERSONALY BUT WE DO .ANONIMITY IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME YOU ARE AN :angel: :wave:

holly74

Day 1 all over again!

Congrats on heading back to work, 56789! You're doing so well!

Today is Day 7 for me! When I go to bed tonight, I'll be a week clean! Things are still really good. I find myself occasionally having that "I want SOMETHING" feeling, but it's easier to get through now. No physical WRAB anymore, which is nice. I even received some bad news last night and didn't think once about using. I feel equipped to handle things the right way. I really can't put enough emphasis on the fact that this was so much easier to have done with my husband's support. I know that this may be a complicated issue for a lot of people, but I really believe that the people who love us want honesty from us. I'm just going to leave it at that.

I know I still have a lot of work to do, but that's something I started before I made the decision to get clean. I feel good, I feel stronger than I imagined I would. This place has been absolutely crucial to me and I thank all of you who have shared and supported from the bottom of my heart.

Each and every one of us has the strength and the WORTH to do this. Don't ever doubt that you're worthy of having a happy life.

Holly

subtrain

Day 1 all over again!

holly, run towarRAB that horizon! It's been waiting for you. Take your familie's hanRAB and never let go. Your desires to move on warms my heart and reminRAB me how possible it is. I know there are many more who echo those worRAB. Good luck and blessings to you and your family.

holly74

Day 1 all over again!

Day Five has been pretty darn good, so far. I had some erranRAB to run first thing this morning and am realizing now that I haven't even had a cup of coffee yet today! That's unheard of for me. I think I said this yesterday, but it's just amazing to me to wake up in the morning and not feel like a total zorabie. It's nice!

Had the return of a few WD symptoms last night, which was weird. I wonder how much of it is really the pills - could be that I've had virtually nothing to eat for several days. My appetite has only come back once or twice, but otherwise I'm feeling good.

Struggling a little bit with that feeling of wanting ... something. I even thought I was craving a cigarette yesterday, and I quit smoking a long time ago. This is definitely something I need to think a lot about and work on, as I've tended to just trade one addiction for another over the years. Time to start the real work, I suppose.

Anybody know the answer to this: I have a refill left and would really rather not have the option available to me. Can I call my pharmacy and ask them to, I don't know, delete it from the computer or something? Anybody?

Holly

milksnake

Day 1 all over again!

holly........ i thought i was the only one looking at other folks in public sayin the same thing. "wow, that guy/gal doesnt need pills to come out here and function" or i'll watch cops on tv and think to myself... "look at these guys running all around, not a slave to pills, actually laughing and feeling "naturally" good. then i get mad at myself. this actually gives me a bit of incentive...."I'm going to be one of those folks" i tell myself. Ya know, before feb., i WAS one of those folks. now here i sit jonesin again. sheesh......

however, time heals if you let it so lets hang on and ride it out, huh? seems we're about in the same time frame here so we got an idea where each other is.........all i can say holly, is, let's ride partner!

holly74

Day 1 all over again!

Thank you so much for your kind worRAB and support.

Like you, I've overcome some pretty serious addictions in the past. I think that's a big part of where the shame comes from - how could I be more than 10 years sober from hard drugs, namely cocaine, and then let myself be seduced my a bottle of pills? It's hard to admit that that addiction "thing" inside of you is likely to reside there for the rest of your life, and as soon as you turn your back on it, as soon as you think you have it beat, you're vulnerable all over again.

I wish you all the best of luck in your journey, too. WE CAN DO THIS!

Holly

Day 1 all over again!

glad to here your day went well or ok wich is good enough. 2 more days till my first. i did not stash any pills well since i was on a more potant drug monday i will take 2 5mg vics wich will end my taper. an none stashed i tossed about 15 percs an 10 vics wich i had for a few months so i kept 2 for the last day.i noticed some weight loss to . an not eating as much .vitamins lots of water. you have made it through the toughest part so far . wich was the first 24hrs. how many hours did you sleep last night . my first time in aug i slept good the first night but the second an third seemed tough . after that was pretty much back to normal. i will leave post on my given thread to update you threw out the week. rest seems so impotant keep hanging in there scott oh that slugish feeling stinks ah that was 1 of the biggest signs for me . no energy get some lose it just a bad cycle .thanks holly you an milksNake have helped more than YOU MAY KNOW WE ARE SENSETIVE PEOPLE :wave:SORRY MILKSNAKE I WAS CALLING YOU MILKSHAKE. MY BAD

holly74

Day 1 all over again!

56789 - THANK YOU! It means a lot to me to know my struggle is somehow helpful to someone else. I have gathered a great deal of strength from this place and I'm touched to think I could pass any of that along to you! Tomorrow is you first day, right? You will be in my thoughts and I wish you all the self-worth you need to plow through the rough spots. The gift and the curse of all of this is that it's just time. Plain and simple. You WILL, without question, feel better. It's an absolute guarantee. Every day you put off feeling that discomfort is another day further from feeling better. And despite the way it may feel, the day will end. And the day after that still may not feel good, but it's a guarantee that it will end, too. I'm not sure about the details of what you're battling, but for me, today was tremendously better than yesterday. And I know tomorrow will be even better, still. And you should take comfort and pride in the fact that you are CHOOSING these rough days because you are taking back control of your life. It's always easier to do the thing that feels good, but easy doesn't mean right. Congratulations to you for making the decision to do what's right. Your reward is right around the corner.

Holly

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information