Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I heard the USA sucks at soccer

According to FIFA but they are generally full of shit. I think we've dropped to 9th anyway.

Honestly, no. I realize surviving the group stage is a stretch, but what kind of fan would I be if I said we have no chance, so fuck it, I'm rooting for Brasil. I think if we beat/tie Czech Rep, beat Ghana, and manage a tie with Italy we advance. Even with a loss to Italy we are still in good shape to advance. Though we'd advance to play most likely Brasil...I still have hope, and that's all a real fan can have.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

USA sucks at almost all sports, when in international tournaments, the Dream Team lost the basetball olympics, the baseball team lost to Japan in the World Classic. Maybe only on amrican football, but that's because only americans and canadians play that sport

I can't believe people put credibility into those things like our best players were playing or something.

well, in the baseball team they were the best american players, but together in team they didn't do shit

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I am a believer, I'm also a realist. If we advance out of the group stage, I think I'd be happy just to play Brasil close. The Brasillian side is one of the best squads I've ever seen.

may present you the all time top-scorer of the WorldCup, Gerd M?ller

and i'm not saying Italy will beat brazil - it's just one of the few teams that might have a shot if everything goes well...meaning inzaghi getting his penalties

99% of germans don't even know about it's existence...
    hell, hardly anyone i know can tell me even half the rules of american football

I quite fancy Spain as surprise underdogs.

As for England, I worry about not being underdogs, ..., the team has often lacked confidence when seen as likely winners & the last few international compertitions have seen plenty of upsets, this is dispite the fact that we've a good team, ..., in fact its precisely because we've got a good team.

OTOH Rooney thrieves on pressure & so he is the exception & thus may in effect turn the teams attitude arround & all my worries are for nowt

well i'm just saying - the US is fucked.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information