Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

M$ Access Files Synced to Device

No apologies necessary, Hal, Pal! I'm definitely not a power-user to the extent that many are, and I actually think of myself more along the lines of an "intense user." I'm definitely not an "out-of-the-box" kind of guy, nor do I stick with just the basic apps and uses. But I'm not into cooked ROMs or other major OS mods, either. By most measures, I suppose I'm a "semi-power-user," whatever that might be.

I just want my device to do what I want it to do, reliably and smoothly and consistently. But a lot of those expectations are based on what I've been able to do in the past, so I get a bit cranky when I lose functionality for something I've used for the better part of a decade. Sort of gives the concept of "technological advances" a smack up side the head, eh? "Pay more to do less!" And I ain't talking about hiring a lawn service...

I use SprintDB SprintDB Pro - The Solution for all your Pocket PC database requirements They provide a sync programme which works very well. I use it on Vista and my mobile running WM6.1. The database front end allows you to programme some very usefull applications. However, I don't hold out much hope of it ever being converted to WM7.

All I want is to keep some Access databases (2003) synced and usable on my handheld device - I don't want (and don't intend) to do any sort of "building" of a new db, manually converting, etc. The documentation for SprintDB seems a bit "scattered" and vague in some regards (possibly due to my current state of mental exhaustion )

Will SprintDB do that, seamlessly and simply, with no further action on my part once I have the sync points set? And does it include the mobile version to use the db's on my device?

Apologies for what might be silly questions, but I couldn't make heads or tails of the documentation.

Yes, SprintDB will allow you to access your data on your mobile without building any forms. It has a table view and a query builder so you should be able to do useful interrogation of your data on your mobile. Then, if you feel adventurous, you can build some basic forms with it.

I agree that the documentation is difficult to make out at first. The best thing to do is to try the trial and see if you like it. I've found it very good even though it doesn't seem to be having much development being done on it.

I don't even want to do any specific queries on my device - I just want to have my db's available in my pocket. If I can look at a table, then the details of a specific record or add a record, I'd be happy. HanDBase turned out to be a total bomb with syncing. Perhaps SprintDB will work (if the sync part works correctly.)

I'll try to give it a deeper look this weekend. Thanks for the tip!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information