Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

C&C The Simpsons " Homer of Seville" (9/20/07)

You mean Suds McDuff? Yeah, than one was a groaner.

It fits nicely into my "worst 15" list.

"Large Marge"
    "Kill The Alligator And Run"
    "Pokey Mom"
    "Tennis The Menace"
    "Bye Bye Nerdy"
    "Simpson Safari"
    "The Blunder Years"
    "The Frying Game"
    "Helter Shelter"
    "Strong Arms Of The Ma"
    "Barting Over"
    "Pranksta Rap"
    "GI D'oh"
    "You Kent Always Say What You Want"
    "The Homer Of Seville"

Jerkass Homer might've helped this one. Unlike everybody else, I find that funny. This one was just devoid of laughter to me. I got a cheap laugh out of Homer hitting on that guy though. That was about it.

At this point, the only thing this show has over Family Guy is the art direction. The plots and gags are every bit as nonsensical. There was nothing about this episode that represented the characters we know and love; you could have switched the Griffins in and it would've barely affected it. It could possibly have made it funnier, but that's it.

Honestly, even though the show has been letting me down for close to a decade, I was sort of expecting it to, like... I don't know. It always seems like maybe it's going to start getting better. Maybe the movie added to that conception. But this was just terrible.

I feel the same way, man. And sometimes I'm rewarded. Episodes like "Springfield Up" and the movie make me think there's some life still left in it. I loved the movie. I wanted to love this season. I wanted them to return to form with that movie and continue it through this season. But I had to force myself to like last week's episode (Colbert didn't hurt) and this one was plain awful.

Here Are The Best Moments Of The Episode:

1. The Simpsons Picking Out Places To Eat Breakfast at.

2. Bart getting the kid at the Funeral to give him 10 Dollars.

3. Mr. Burns picking out organs for himself and the "Children are my future" line.

4. Julia Being Caught At The End.

5. Lisa admitting being good at painting isn't related to having Sung opera.

And the fact they stuck with the opera plot for at least the entire show in some form. At least better done then the plane plot in the last episode. Still the rest of show was pretty bad. Already done church joke in the beginning, lame reason for Homer to injure his back, lame Montage of Homer oprea singing (I'll give credit that Dan Canstealla can sing really well in a Homerish voice, but I already knew that and didn't need another ep reminding me of that), lame oprea shows Homer prefromed, Lame heading into ugh cliche terrority of Marge being mad about Homer's oprea groupies (I think I would of smashed something open if it suddenly became another full blown out Marge/Homer plot), not the worst but still bad addition of Julia into the show, and the lame attempts at killing Homer by Julia. Seriously I think I had only five decent laughs in the whole 20+ minutes, which dosen't equal out to being a good ep. Espically since I was groaning and wishing the show would end for a lot more of it.

this episode was great. i expected another "homer gets a job" episode like last week's, but this episode was really fantastic. alot of great jokes, and although the "singing on his back" plot was far-fetched, it worked. 4/5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information