Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Arthur Season 12 Talkback

Well, Arthur was not the first PBS animated cartoon show, it was The Magic School Bus in 1994 that was the first PBS cartoon show.

But it was October 7, 1996 according to TV Guide magazine that Arthur first appeared on PBS.

Getting back on topic...

-I thought the first episode, "Is That Kosher?" was okay. Francine was more or less in charachter. It was a simple plot, and had an okay moral. But that "Arthur winning a pizza party" thing seemed a bit forced. Seeing Arthur's pen pal again was nice continuity.

-The second part of the episode, "Never Never Never" made DW look like evem more of a jerk. I didn't like her in this episode, especially when she pulled that stunt of school. But this episode really made me respect Arthur as an older brother, getting his glasses smashed to get DW's toys back from the Tibbles.

Glad to see Nadine is still able to stick with DW for a bit longer, even if it was just as a conscience.

The moral DW learned at the end had a bit of the "forced down your throat" problem.

DW always made Arthur look like a bad guy. Could this episode lead to a change in charachter?

The animation for "Never Never Never" looked kind of weird.

-All in all, an okay start to the season. Could've been better though. At least the situations were realistic.

I think Arthur died after "Arthur's Perfect Christmas".

The voices changed, and the lessons storytelling was ridiculous.

Ugh! I said my RIP to this show years ago.

I believe by around the time Season 5 (right before "Arthur's Perfect Christmas") many of the younger voice actors' (notably Arthur, Buster and Brain) voices became too deep for them to play elementary students anymore. I haven't seen any of the new Dora the Explorer episodes (I haven't paid any attention to that show in about 4-5 years). But I've been since aware that Dora has now gotten an entirely new cast (including Dora, the title character herself) replacing the old ones since its 2000 debut. On a side note, I remember the original voice of Dora being interview in NYC on the night before the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade (11/24/04) on my affiliate WNBC.

Now anyways, there are of course shows that have been on long running (current) shows such as The Simpsons, and South Park that have had the same voice actors. I think the reason they've managed to stay on since Day 1 is because they are already grown up, and their voices are not too changably high or low toned, depending on the episode/season/year. So let's say Nick had concieved of an animated (and not live-action) series of what would be iCarly, back around late 2006. And if the animated iCarly had premiered right about now, and had about 12 seasons (by around the year 2020), how much would you wanna bet Miranda Cosgrove, Jennette McCurdy and/or Nathan Kress would be still around the show by then? Huh?

Anyways, so basically I'm saying is that while I think having kids voice is okay, because it make the young characters more "genuine", I kind of prefer adult actors/actress as children, 'cause there's a good chance the characters voices won't, puberly-wise, change gradually year by year (near example: Rugrats; although Chuckie's voice actress changed late in the series life).

And one final note: THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!

It's great that Arthur is getting new episodes since its one of those popular long-running cute cartoons:anime: which I've always enjoyed it since I was a kid & Arthur,Buster,Binky,Francine,Muffy,Prunella,Nadine & even Molly(which she's cute for a punk bunny girl) are my most favorite characters.

In any episode, I'll always enjoy that jerk DW getting her punishments(like some bratty siblings) which she annoys me with her being the lousy annoying little snotball which I feel sorry for poor Arthur & the familyto put up with her mostly along with poor Nadine as well which DW can at least try to be a good little sister sometimes maybe.

I'll be sure to enjoy the new episodes where some of the minor characters will have roles & I hope for more Molly episodes.

Wait, it's only in it's 12th season? Thought it was in it's 14th. :sweat:

In the Arthur cartoon series - Only the voices of Buster, Binky, Prunella, Fern, Muffy, Francine, Mr. Ratburn, Arthur's Dad, Arthur's Mom, Grandma Thora, Mr. Haney, Nadine, Mr. Frensky, and Mrs. MacGrady - are still with the show since Season 1.

Can't wait for the Lance Armstrong guest voice episode on Columbus Day!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information