Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    stampeder

How to improve 82?

Careful, even BEV themselves took that dish out of their inventory! Today I was told by a BEV guy I know that he tried the 24 and it wasn't great, just as HDTV101 said below.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to improve 82?

You need to find a Direct-TV, or Dish version (there are a ton of non-branded ones out there).

The StarChoice ones use a different LNB mount, and it'll be near impossible to get the Dish LNB on there (it's a round clamp type design).

ilyo

How to improve 82?

I have had expressvu before and had a single LNB pointing at 91 for ages without issue. I just replaced the dish with a 20" and the 91 is still great..82 is the issue. The tree is about 100 feet away. So I will attempt to move the dish a foot to the right and see if that makes a difference. Hope so. The HD channels are what I PVR the most.

But I think the 9200 will be more enjoyable then the SA8000 I had with Rogers..so I don't want to switchback.

FaxCap

How to improve 82?

Because the signal is "bounced" aka focused to the opposite side.

FaxCap

puckster02

How to improve 82?

Bev did not take the 24" dish out of inventory. I personally just ordered one last week and it arrived yesterday via Purolator. They call it an "upgrade" kit and by the way - it works great in improving the signal.

FaxCap

How to improve 82?

Hi Stamp....fellow Delta type person.

If you go here, click on the YELLOW Product box in the top left
    then chose Antennas for Satellites you will see a 30" Winegard
    with dual LNBF's. There is even a Channel Master 36".

http://eyeinthesky.net/cgi-bin/db.cgi

I'm going to be looking hard at that Winegard 30"!!!

FaxCap (Ken)

named

How to improve 82?

Thanks for the reply.
    I've been an Expressvu subscriber for 5 years and when I bought the 9200 and had to install the extra cables, I decided to remove my current dish from the roof, even though it had a clear view of the south - southwest sky. One of the cables was causing problems and needed to be replaced and I didn't want the chore of trying to hide (for cosmetic purpose) 4 cables. Also the roof is going to need to be re-shingled in the next year or two. I wanted to install it at the rear of my house where my old DTV dish was located. It had a clear shot for that bird but it was doubtful if it would hit the Nimq's due to a large pine tree. I installed the new dual dish by all the supplied figures and picked up the 91 at 100% in about a half a minute or less. I tried for 82 but couldn't pick it up even by swinging left and right of the 91 spot. Everything I read said if you hit the 91 then the 82 will automatically be there. I thought that the 82 might show up when everything was hooked into the multi-switch but of course that didn't work. But needing the 1 good cable off my old dish I dismantled it. When I checked for help in these forums and found lots of great info and finding out that a lot of people had trouble getting their switches to work right.I thought that was my problem. The trouble shooting advice for the switches emphasizes the need for ensuring a proper installation, everthing being plumb, measurements etc. I spent an afternoon doing all that, no 82, but my installation did need adjusting and fine tuning. Now after about 3 days of fun and frustration I decided to re-think the problem. I had always thought the yoke had the birds backwards but when reading this thread I finally clued in and your answers have confirmed my suspicions. So I spent yesterday making a makeshift Dish stand and positioned it in a spot with a clear view of the sky. Again using all the measurements, I located 91 at 100% in about a half a minute. I swung to the right- Nothing - I swung to the left and BINGO- the 82 at 93 %. So here in SW Ontario you would only need a slight height adjustment, although I am using the 24? inch Dish. What a way to blow a weeks vacation. I now feel qualified to write a chapter for Sat dish installations for Dummies. On the bright side though, I probably will use that 24 dish for a stand alone for the 82.
    Thanks again for the help and great info.

madbob

How to improve 82?

I use a 30 inch Winegard dish for the 82 sat with the different lnb mount.
    A Directv lnb fits in perfectly. In the heavy rain in Vancouver this morning the worst transponder strength was 68% and the best was 83%.
    Since I went to the 30 inch dish I have not experinced any rain fade.

FaxCap

How to improve 82?

Same here....BEV sent me a 24" and I haven't had a rainout since.
    I will use the 24" on 91 and a 30" on 82 when I go HDTV.

FaxCap

stampeder

How to improve 82?

Hee hee, yet another incidence of the BEV machine slipping a cog. Yesterday he called BEV and Bell's general sales organization to get a price quote and was told by both that those dishes had been pulled. I'll phone the guy I know and pass along that info because I know he's got a couple in inventory that don't show up in his stock lists. Thanks for the clarification!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information