Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    peano

Just got Bell TV installed, not happy so far... Help please

When I had Rogers cable, the HD PQ was far superior to BEV so I am not suprised with the OPs findings. That was in a new development with all new infrastructure. I can't get Rogers where I live now and the overcompression on BEV is quite painful to watch at times.

mickk

yea i know. i am hoping with the new 8psk modulation they are going with in april it will improve.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If the fan noise is too loud, I noticed that when I reset my 9242, hold the power button for a few seconds, the fan shuts down after it resets itself and is quiet or quieter, it's a pain but if your having trouble with noise, try it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If your having alot of trouble with your reception take a look at you dish line up thru the menu item point dish and read up on the subject. I had some trouble with my picture but it was on the digital channels, to the point I couldn't receive a couple, checked my signal strength and noticed it was poor in a couple of modulators. I checked the dish and noted some bolts where loose enough that the wind could have moved it. I think the guy who installed it could of done better but I remember he said it takes alot to be out. I realigned it using the signal strength in the menu and with my son on a walkie talkie. Received better reception than before. However, my HD channels where good to start and remained the same. I won't fool around with the pointing unless you know what your looking for because you can make it worse by the slightest movement. In the point dish menu, the 82 satellite is the digital channels and the 91 I believe is the HD but by checking the modulators and their signal strengths, it can confirm you have good reception.

Pinza

All the signals from 91 & 82 are Digital, that is how the system works.

Also a Signal strength of 55% will not give worse Picture Quality than a strength of 80%, the image will be the same. With Digital you either get an image or you don't.

More signal means less rain fade.

The 91 degree bird at the moment transmits everything in SD, whilst the 82 degree bird has all Bell's HD and several of the ethnic SD channels in it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's not quite true. Image quality can and will degrade as the signal drops, just not in the same linear way an analog signal would. That's when you get mosaic artifacts and the like.

w3aponx

Exactly. In general though, you could say that so long as the picture you see doesn't contain small squares of random colors, you probably not losing anything that is sent your way. This doesn't mean that there won't be any artifacts, as things like a poor quality master or over-compression can have dramatic effects on picture quality, but generally speaking these sorts of artifacts (mosquito noise, macroblocking, ...) are not caused by partial signal losses -- they were transmitted like that to begin with.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information