Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Ex Agent EV

Renting a 9200 - existing customer

Gimli, I'm French, I read the articl and it doesn't say that they shoudn't charge installation charges... It says that they can not charge you for something you didn't request. By requesting a rental, you are therefore requesting a professional installation... I will make a phonecall to the agency enforcing thoses law this week just to see if you theory is right...but I doubt it! I

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are TWO articles that I have quoted. Both are related in this case. The first says you can't be charged or made to pay or have an obligation for something other than what you buy/lease. That means they cannot legally OBLIGE you to get professional installation just because you're renting a receiver.
    The second article covers their illegal practice of CHARGING you for the professional installation they are ILLEGALLY imposing on you.

Either way there's numerous past cases where both of these articles have been upheld as I've described. If you don't believe me hire your own legal asisstant to do the research for you.

The mere fact that I've NEVER had to pay for ANY professional installation should be proof enough that if you show them you know your rights they won't push back.

TKG26

i just got 6 months free programming from BEV after they messed up my HD upgrade, charged me 75$ for hookup of aditional receiver. Wich they did not, they installed new dish and the 9200, my install had been quoted to me as free(the usual 100$ down 100$ credit crap)

Anyway after 2 bills where they faild to fix the problem, my 75$ extra fee has been reveresed and my 6 month free HD is now 6month FREE programing.... Im going to pay 20$ rental only for 6 months...

BEV... they screw some and they f@#$ some and everyone once in a while they come out looking lsmelling roses... We will see how bill number 3 comes out though before i throw a parade!

haystack

It is "La Belle Province"

Ex Agent EV

Gimli this is your understanding of the article...it doesn't clearly say that! My first language is French, I read both and also called "La protection du consommateur" and they told me that they could legally impose a professional installation

At the time Express Vu has a promo where clients that currently do not have Nimiq 2 rogramming could get HD receiver and upgrade FREE OF CHARGE. Instead of fighthing wth the dish, looking for signal on the sat 82, why not take advantage of the promo?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information