Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 273 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

*OFFICIAL THREAD: Nokia N86 8MP

Frankly I find the N86 more desirable than the N97.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is what I don't understand about this point of view. The N82 with Xenon flash can only be said to "beat" other recent N series phones, when taking pictures in low light situations where someone wants to use a flash. Otherwise there's nothing special about the N82 compared to other recent N series phones, in other lighting situations, which at least for me are the vast majority of situations in which I use my phone camera.

Okay, so what if the N86 comes out and it turns out to be clearly superior to the N82 (and other N series phones) in all lighting conditions, except the occasional low light situation where someone might want to use a flash? What choice does one make then? Xenon above and before all else, even though it's only better in low light situations, which one Xenon defender said only represents 10% of the photos he takes? Or N86 (if it turns out to be better), because it's superior in the 90% of other situations.

This is where the logic of one factor can be the sole determining factor makes no sense to me. It just seems to oversimplify the complicated task of comparing camera phones with technologies that vary in a number of different areas. And it sends the wrong message to cell phone manufacturers about where they should put their efforts in improving these phones. I don't want a DSLR phone. I want a decent point and shoot camera phone. This is a realistic expectation. But it will only happen if more attention is paid to lenses and sensors (rather than flashes and megapixels).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

OOPs I'm sorry. Open mouth >>>>> Insert Foot.

So much different information...I think we all just need to play the waiting game.

Mobilecity lists the preorder for the n86 in indigo (not sure if that is the default color) and an estimated date of september 28.

I use the date power saver mode. I really like it. I can view time and date without having to slide the phone. I keep my light sensor usually on the lowest setting except when I'm outside when there's sunlight. Battery isn't a problem for me. I usually charge it when I'm home with my computer via USB. Before I go to sleep, it's usually done charging. Charging time is fast.

As I've mentioned in this thread, my camera had problems. I'm sending it back to Amazon for a refund. I've tried everything to fix it. Sometimes it seemed I may have fixed but the more I tried to fix it the more I realize it was randomly working at certain times. One more thing I noticed is the slider does not look symmetrical. It's barely noticeable and the slider still feels solidly fluid. I just wonder if it would affect it over time. I think this may have been caused from me opening the back cover. I had a hard time at first but this is due to my ignorance. The back cover is easy to open. My advice is to not move the slider in such a way it's not suppose to move.

Anyone know where the best deal is right now? Amazon does have great support. I could have just got a replacement. Just trying to save some money.

hmmm, is this phone worth giving up my bold? ehh..

What do you mean the messaging client is a trial? Where did you see this at?

I never saw anything regarding a trial on this phone, except for the ngage games and the navigation service.

Yes, It supports Exchange Accounts.. I saw this prompt when I was configuring my Gmail.

http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=profimail

Ok...I'm dropping this (apologize if I sounded like I'm attacking you) and maybe you should too......nobody is going to win this debate and so to each his own. :buddies:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information