Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    bonita555

Medication induced Constipation

LOL!It is true. Nature's Secret makes these body cleansing programs specifically designed to clean out the intestines and in a cd that came with it, that's what it said, that a healthy digestive system produces that (2ft) daily. I just had a micro d and am on some pain meRAB which totally have backed me up but i make smoothies daily of broccoli/spinach/carrots/flax oil, and it helps, but as soon as i can drive to the health food store i am going to get one of their ultimate cleanse supplement programs again. cleaned me right out

At two feet per day, I am about 2 years behind. LOL!

IhATeBaCkPaIn

I eat all bran, fiber one, or just straight bran flakes unfortunaltley Miralax doesn't work for me anymore I was on for about a year before it went over the counter between the fruit cereal and vegetables I am eating throughout the day I do get about the recommended amount the smoothies I drink are mainly fruit bananas 4 grams dietary fiber, bluberries 4 grams dietary fiber, strawberries 2 grams dietary fiber you can put some fiber one in it for more fiber a little oj a little yougurt. A bowl of All bran is 10 grams of dietary fiber. I am getting close to or more fiber that is recommended. Just like everything else in my life I have a stubborn belly.
    :wave: Kelly

luvmybeagle

Kelly, I am glad you are feeling better. Like I said, if you like apricots they work wonders. Even if you just have a few a day to keep thing going.
    Take care and happy Friday.
    Barbara

IhATeBaCkPaIn

I stopped drinking diet pepsi several months ago I not like to drink straight water. So I drink diet green tea about 3-16 0unce bottles a day the only thing in it is 60 mgs of sodium per serving a serving is 8 oz .I do not use added salt to any of my food yuck. And I drink a half pot of coffee everyday
    I am going to try benefiber ( do they have a generic type )
    Thanks so much
    :wave: Kelly

Baybreeze

Ughh, I wish I could give you more suggestions...I had a horrible time after my surgery with the same issue. While in the hospital they started giving me stool softeners right away and i kept taking after I went home, but they did me no good. I ate alot of fruit & vegetables, drank prune juice , tried the fiber stuff, laxatives, it just wouldnt budge. I even ate things that I knew would give me diarhea in the past in hopes that would help....like chilli and ice cream. For me it took almost 9 days to finally go....I cant imagine how you go on being able to go only every 2 weeks or so! I hope someone has some other ideas for you that work!

ms_west

This thread just goes to show that there are many of us who have been thru this and look at all the alternatives we have found. What works for one may or may not work for the other. Have a blessed day everyone!!

luvmybeagle

I was told by my pain mgmt dr. to take a laxitave every day. I have to take 2 or 3 and then add Milk of Magnesia (generic). This helped so I would go every 3 or 4 days. I just tried Miralax today. It worked but I also had my regular stuff too. For a quick fix I always eat dried apricots. I can always get relief in 24hours if I eat a couple of hand fulls of those and they don't taste bad like prunes. You can also add raisins to your salad.
    Good luck, I have been there many times.
    Barbara

ms_west

Yes I have problems with Banannas, carrots and applesauce. My Mom on the other hand eats a Bananna and she has no problem doing her business. LOL.

bailey07

I am 4 weeks post op fusion and I experienced this really bad at week 2 and 3 feeling like I was trying to give birth during a BM. The first week home, a fleet enema had to be done and then I started using senacot and it didn't work, then I bouth Miralax and after 3 days, it finally softened up. It is a very fearful feeling anticipating this event. You can get this product at the pharmacy or Walmart etc. This stuff totally dissolves and has no taste. Oh, I also tried Metamusol with no luck. Good Luck.
    Bailey07

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information