Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

New revolutionary FREE media player is out!!

One less thing to lose with a hard reset or back up/restore via HotSync, of course. But if you back up your RAM to a card anyway, it doesn't matter much except that a restore will be faster. (I know you have Flash ROM, but with a TE, I don't.)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

sweet, auto-dimming, and mp3!! been waitin' forever, thanks

I'm using TCPMP on a T|5, and it works great. The one concern I have is the support for playlists. It seems to be a little sketchy as of yet. I have found that I can only play a single folder at once. Of course, that's my only complaint. The rest is brilliant!

[Edit:] It could also use "play in background" capability for Audio use. That's the only point I can see that Realplayer has over TCPMP

because I use this mainly as a music player, here are a few things that I want.

1. auto-dimming of the backlight. I don't want the screen to be turned off because it causes a gap in the audio, but dimming the backlight would cause better battery life without being noticable

2. background playback.

3. gapless mp3 playback

4. organization via tags

5. customizable skins and buttons

6. an EQ if possible.

So far so good, but it's a backup to aeroplayer for me

You need to tell them over at CoreCodec what you're after!
    I think at the moment it's primarily a video player (the best). It's got a long way to go as far as audio is concerned, to be the best. But I wouldn't be suprised if it gets there in the not too distant future.

This program is great!!! I just downloaded the newest version. I just have one problem...I haven't been able to get the graffiti space to disappear and get a true fullscreen. There may be something simple that i'm missing, but i've spent some serious time with this thing to no avail.
    Thank you so much, everyone, for all your input.

Picard, the developer, is trying to get the white line around the picture to go away, so the latest TCMPC is focused on that issue. The Zoom/Fullscreen feature is a function of trying to work on the other issue. He says he'll be getting to it soon.

There are several active forums that talk about this amazing program. I've been checking out Tapland (especially since I have a Zodiac.)

Picard is creating such great work with this amazing program, we just have to give him some time to fix all the holes. The good thing is that he's actively developing for the program and not leaving us hanging.
    POL9A

WOW! Downloaded TCPMP.UNSTABLE.0.65

TCPMP is literally twice as fast as MMPlayer for playing videos, and WAY less bloated. MMplayer player takes at least 3 seconds to display on my Tungsten|E and thats with the best skin for it I could find that was small and efficient (it's called Cobalt for those interested and I think it's a free skin from MMPlayer's website)

TCPMP on the other hand, is very clean and efficient, AND FREE!!!!!!

It's actually more stable than MMPlayer, in my experience and although TCPMP isn't yet as fully featured as other commercial media players, it's actually the better program. Who needs skinning support, it's not necessary if the "core" of the program is done well, and it is. The developer uses the system's graphics instead of needless custom graphics for the interface which makes it more intuitive.

I would actaully pay for this down the road, regardless whether it actaully got better or not, in spite of my purchase of MMPlayer, which I now regret more all the time! I think this developer needs donations, to spur him on so that devlopment of this great app continues.

ARRRGGHH!!!! I hate buyer's remorse. I tried to find a free media player program when I got my Palm but I never found this one. If I had I surely wouldn't have bought MMPlayer.

Lastly, I still use RealOne Player for audio since it's got great quality, doesn't seem to use too much cpu and kill my battery and it came with my palm, so what the heck. Oh and playlist support is better in RealOne for sure.

TCPMP is quite likely the best Palm app in a verrrry long time and I'm really glad you like it!! Also, 0.65 has been "around" a while now, which leads me to think that 0.66 will really SMOKE!!

This developer is just terrific - fixes what's broken, doesn't add a lot of garbage and doesn't re-release upgraded versions just to have a higher "number."

Kinoma, Fireviewer, SplashPhoto and now MMPlayer are all learning you can't bilk people twice. Once maybe - but not twice.

Between AcidImage and TCPMP I can't foresee EVER needing another "images app" - and RedMercury(A/Image) at least give lifetime upgrades. Their 3.023 A.I. beta is amazing and I recommend taking the "$49.95" plunge for the extra bells and whistles. You make it up with the "currently) free TCPMP - and I use only 3 of their plugins - the MPEG 1, MPEG4 and the AAC (file manager). The others don't need to be on there (for me anyway) - but they're available if needed. It won't run in flash (yet), but that's okay. It's easy, works every time, hasn't crashed - can't ask more especially from a video player.

I can't speak to RealPlayer as I've never used it - their PC crap was so bloated and invasive and "phone home" hungry I wasn't even going to entertain the idea on a handheld. Went with "RealAlternative." But your having benefits of both is just another plus - write off MMPlayer's $$$ cost to experience (we've all had one of those . . . . for me it was Handango Security Guard, FastWriter, SyncTalk PRO, TinySheet and WordSmith!!) - and move on with a smile. I often say that some of the freewares are better than the commercial stuff, simply because they're written for the love of Palm OS rather than a profit motive.

Here's another example.

Cheers/p

I'm surprised TCPMP doesn't run from Flash, since it runs fine with all the files (including the plug-ins) in /Palm/Launcher on my SD card. (Suddenly, I can't remember if I used LauncherX to "bundle" the TCPMP files or not...)

By the way, my Zodiac 1 should arrive next Tuesday. Decent battery life at last! Hehhehhehheh (Elmer Fudd laugh)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information