Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Wizard ranks top 100 cartoons?

For anyone interested, Wizard just put up a clearer version of that character spread on their website:

http://images.wizarduniverse.com/Wiz...pics/art22.jpg

Very sudden character movements, such as characters jumping up extremely fast and landing very fast.

During a fast-motion action sequence, sometimes a character would be in front of a background that is stressing motion (ie. the bg is one color and there are black streaks whipping by to emulate motion)

The eyes will often do this: :anime:

Just watch it, you'll see what I mean.

What!?

Case Closed

So? A lot of cartoons do that now, especially if they are action-oriented.

Now that second list make a lot more sense.

That's not really exclusive to Japanese animation...

What does Rugrats have to do with Spongebob/Gargoyles? I'm not sure how you can deny Spongebob has made a bigger impact than Gargoyle did. Gargoyles was an good show, but it has nothing on Spongebob's recognition.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

As others have pointed out, context is pretty essential to discussing this list. But again...this is Wizard. They're the only ones who would make this list to begin with.

Spongebob has a much bigger impact on the animation world that Gargoyles did. I don't see a problem.

Gargoyles did a lot of very, very cool things and I respect the show a lot. But it's also rather haughty in many ways. The other cartoon shows on the list didn't take themselves nearly as seriously (even S Jack was kinda tongue-in-cheek at times) so I can see why Gargoyles is generally less beloved by the public. You have to take the show seriously, or you won't take it at all.

I can't believe that every year someone comes accross the list and treats it as if it's brand new, or how many people treat it serious.

As I think I said in my first post, I stumbled across the list for the first time without knowing when it had been printed. I'm not taking it to be anything other than something we can all gab about.

Top 5 Cartoons Based on Toys

Really? No Masters of the Universe? REALLY? You've got to be joking.

Top 10 Fly Cartoon Ladies

No She-Ra? :anime: This list is bogus. Jasmine got a movie. Don't even try to tell me she was nearly as cool as She-Ra on that tv show. I remember watching it purely to pass the time. It wasn't that hot.

I will say that South Park definitely deserves a high place on the list, I think, not just for its parodies of pop culture, but for the clever way it examines so much of what we take seriously in life. Great show. Daring in an age when that expression usually means nothing.

I see that Scooby Doo is No. 1 on the Top 10 Worst Cartoon List. Call me cruel and flame me but I really agree with Wizard when it comes to that show.

No Animals of Farthing Wood?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information