Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Intolerable VAing?

They're resistable for me, although Runo sounds weird.

Intolerable VAing?

Masato from Pok?mon of America's dub of Pok?mon. Almost everytime he spoke, I expected him to say "Let's go play Kirby!"

Intolerable VAing?

They all sound weird to me, IMO the only tollerable VA's in the show are the ones who voice some of the main little bakugans, and even then they're not that great.

Intolerable VAing?

The only time I really ever liked Kath Soucie's voice acting was her stint as Amanda in Tomb Raiders Legend and Underworld.

Otherwise, all of her characters sound the exact same and therefore irritating IMHO.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Intolerable VAing?

I reverse that statement

Intolerable VAing?

Kath Soucie sounds fine when she's voicing adults. Her work as Nerissa was great, especially the subtle difference in her voice between old and young Nerissa. But yeah, all her child voices sound the same for the most part. Adults however, well, Amanda and Nerissa don't sound anything alike, so she has some range there.

Intolerable VAing?

I think a couple of the adults (such as Dan's parents) sound okay, but that's it. The rest of the cast is either adults who are unconvincingly voicing kids or trying to act all energetic for the monsters and failing epically at that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Intolerable VAing?

Linda Ballantyne as Serena in Sailor Moon during S and Super S. What were they thinking? Her voice sounded way too fake and really annoying. Jonathon Todd Ross as Marik in Yu-Gi-Oh! was also hard to listen to a lot of the time, because he made the character sound so high pitched and nasaly. Who's idea was it to make Marik sound like the Green Goblin? Of course, there's also Jason Griffith as Usopp. It sounded more decent when the voice sounded more like his Sonic voice, but most of the time he made Usopp sound way too goofy.

Yep. In fact, Tom Wayland is actually pretty involved with that, both voice work and ADR work under the name Dick Tripwire. He even hosts panels on Hentai dubbing at anime conventions.

Intolerable VAing?

Who ever voiced Mary Jane in the 90s Spider-Man cartoon. She sounded like a guy doing an impression of a chick.

Intolerable VAing?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I've found it.

Disney's "The Secert of the Magic Gourd", an animated/live-action production from Japan. Corbin Bleu voices the Gourd. This is one film that I am going to watch subtitled, thank you very much (not to mentione that live-action dubs=blah.)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information