Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Prison in Norway

no, really, please quote where in the editorial NYC is even mentioned at all, because ctrl+F ain't seein it

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i read the posted article, but you're an idiot if you think that's all the information there is about the topic.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

jesus christ, I really have to point this out?

Posts 6 and 8 you made reference to the article I posted with facts about Oslo and NYC.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

well fortunately for me, you calling anyone an idiot is not much of an insult, considering the talent of those with higher reasoning ability to actually comprehend what is being written and how not to conflate it with irrelevant (and out of date) statistics.

Oh look, we're talking about justice systems in general.

Oh look, here is an interesting fact. I wonder what the author was thinking when using that particular data point, considering how deeply he goes on to investigate the rate of murder in various places or for various causes.

Oh, wait, actual murder rates aren't actually mentioned whatsoever in the rest of the article. COULD IT BE that the comparison was merely one of generic "low crime vs high crime," as most rational human beings would interpret, lest interrupted by aspie-ridden dipshits agonizing over one comparison to the exclusion of the rest of the article? To the exclusion of the larger, more poignant issue?

Congratulations fuckbait, I don't think I've ever seen anyone be more wrong about any discussion than you are right now. Please, run along to some other thread, you're clearly too stupid to continue in this one.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

do you not read so good?

[/B]....

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can't not compare prison systems to crime statistics, in an overall sense, given that the commission of crimes leaRAB directly to, oh, I dunno, the systems in which accused and convicted criminals are housed. That point aside, the only one who even brought up statistics in the first place was 7960, as they weren't even mentioned except in passing in the original article.

So yes, let's return to the actual topic instead of more herp derping

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

almost half are non-violent offenses though, remeraber that - and treating pervious animal-like offenders like animals will not help society when they eventually get out, it will only make it worse

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

not to mention summarily laughing at your idea of 'relevant' being an article from 2008, or trying to compare the economist's theme of US crime versus Norway crime by spot-comparing two cities unrepresentative of their respective countries on the whole

now please, try again.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

you're all over the place on this...you want to talk about murder rates when it makes US look bad but you want to dismiss any discussion of murder when something about it makes norway look worse. you want to discuss crime rates but want to ignore crime stats when it makes norway look worse. you want to compare norway to the US when norway comes out ahead but somehow bypass the posts that actually compare like parts of norway and the US where the US comes out ahead.

awesome thread herp derp going on here

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Our prison system is absolute shit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information