Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    buckinbronco

Bell TV: Moving to another home questions

yes you can but i dont know if its legal.

i hate tv

I would just do the basic move too
    I believe right now, it will be covered to install a HD receiver, purchased or rental
    If you do have a second tv in the house, you may want to ask the installer if he could "tone" the line out for you, and mark it, or ask him what it would cost to install 2 diplexors (the diplexors will allow you to have tv in both locations with no added cable needed, as long as there is cable already in the locations)
    Sorry if the above sounds confusing
    This will allow you to watch your PVR on your second tv (both tv's will have the same channel mind you) but it is nice to have your PVR working in the bedroom too

oorwully

Diplexors,...lol,..now that's a new one to me....more reading required.

I had my PVR set up to feed two TV's before, one in the living room where it sat, and the other in the bedroom. Utilized the cable out and existing cable in the apt. to do that. Also had a IR sensor/wireless transmitter for the remote to work in both rooms, worked flawlessly.

I_Want_My_HDTV

I was told to take my SW44 as Bell would not supply a new one. That was about 18 months ago. Bell will supply a 2 LNBs and SW21s but it doesn't hurt to have a spare LNB.

Nimiq 1

The 2700 should not show as a Rental receiver on your existing account, if you took it over from someone else, unless they were Renting, which is doubtful.

You can and should still be eligible for a Free Move promotion, which would get that receiver installed at the new house for Free.

Angelfish

Thanks for the information

haystack

Angelfish this is in no way a questioning of pinza opinion but it would be interesting to find out what happens if you don't mind.

Angelfish

At my old residence I have 2 dishes (20" oval) installed. Both dishes have similar setup in that they both have 2 sw21. I will eventually take one of them with me (for spare LNB and switches). I told the Bell CSR that I need 2 sw21's installed with the new dish and did not mention of taking the old dish with me. I can install the sish myself but it is Winter and I don't much feel like being Superman on a ladder. I am more interested in the technicial wiring up the connections for me and drilling through the walls. I will only be install 3 of my recievers and de-commisioning my 2700. (don;t need it anymore, use to use it for kids room (no longer needed)(you can read between the lines). I will be taking my recievers with me so that they are available when the tech does the install. I also am not going to be getting a phone line. I have a cell phone and don't want to get a phone line just so Bell can get more money out of me. I never order PPV. If I ever need to order something the house I'm moving to does have a phone line connection already. If Bell asks I will give them that number.

visiter555

Based on my last move, take the LNBs and the switch (and the power inserter!!!!) with you.

Pinza

The Tech should install an SW44 for you at the rear of the Dish, hooking up your 3 receivers will still leave you a spre port for future use.

You can still take the second Dish asembly with you if you choose to.

Extra cost should be $100 for the 2nd & 3rd receivers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information