Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Nickelodeon Acquires "Winx Club"; Will Co-Produce Seasons 5 and 6

Remind me again: is 4Kids still a creditable "network" for animation ? :-|

This is just my opinion as I have no proof to back it up, but I believe the shortened seasons into movies is a move to keep them from having to redub the episodes in their entirety. I think it's pretty much confirmed that Nick is using different VA's than 4Kids did, though I could be wrong, meaning they would have to spend additional money to redo the first 3 seasons with their new VA's.

Since Huntik wasn't actually dubbed by 4Kids, they wouldn't have to worry about using new VA's fo rthe second season of Huntik should Nick go ahead and air it (as they should). Since 4Kids has removed it from their Youtube page, even though it is still on the 4Kids player, they wouldn't actually have to worry about broadcast rights either, and they could probably get streaming rights if they choose to.

Did I miss something? Is Nick getting Huntik too ?

Do we know the voice cast yet?

"Off to go be the voice of a Nickelodeon cartoon fairy."
    -Ariana Grande.

Maybe this has something to do with Winx Club..
    Just a little speculation.

I love Ariana though. She is SO gorgeous (though this doesn't matter in voice acting, haha), she seems so sweet, and her voice is adorable. :anime:

Well, that does make sense. I know that Keke Palmer is going to be voicing one of the characters introduced in season five, so I guess that means that they'll be using some of their other child actors and voice actors around their area for the series. I never actually thought that they would use the 4Kids cast due to being stationed in New York. I was actually expecting them to just air the RAI English dub since that would be even cheaper than hiring actors to voice the characters. They already own the rights to the series, so I don't think it would be a problem with airing that English version of the series, especially when they've already covered the first four seasons and two movies. If they never air the first complete three seasons, I'll be pretty disappointed.

Yeah, I was surprised to hear that myself. I actually was pretty impressed with how the characters look in their movies, so if the CGI is somewhere along the 3D look they have in the movies, I think I'll be fine with their designs in seasons five and six.

I think that the only voice actor that has been confirmed has been Keke Palmer, but I guess Ariana Grande is in the cast as well considering I don't know of any other show currently airing on Nick that has fairies in it. I wonder if this does mean that they aren't using the Rai English dub and just used it for the trailer.

No, but considering they invested in Rainbow's stock, that's possible. Since it seems more for boys, it's more likely to be on Nicktoons though.

It's off the player.

I actually like this idea. It is likely that they'd air (probably a new dub) of the series after the specials sometime, but they probably just want to go ahead and get to season 4 ASAP to treat the fans who followed it on 4Kids TV while at the same time catering to new fans. Kind of like the new dubs of Pok?mon and One Piece. (However, the only difference this time is they'll likely redub the first three seasons or use the RAI dub, unless they decide to go the One Piece route and continue using the 4Kids terminology like "Sparx".)

Uhh, The Fairly OddParents? (though as it doesn't air that much I can understand you forgetting it)

Sweet! I can't wait til summer. Just sayin' since I've seen the first three on FoxBox/4KidsTV, and I cannot wait til the new nick version airs, despite truncating the first three into specials...

Oh yeah. I totally forgot that the show still airs and that there are new episodes. I stopped keeping track of that show after the last batch of TV movies. My mistake. Sorry about that. I guess that does mean that she could be voicing a fairy in a new episode of that show, instead of one of the characters in Winx Club.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information