Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"KuroKami" to Broadcast in US, Japan and Korea Simultaniously

And judging by the visuals Sunrise is continuing to try to imitate BONES and Production I.G. for all they're worth. The first episode had some really impressive animation for something not on a Gundam-sized budget.

And I think Kuro is the cutest Laura Bailey's been since Tohru Honda, I swear.

And the ending of that episode . . . wow. Just wow. I think my hair stood on end when that happened.

I hope the series keeps this up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am slightly annoyed at the "Shonen Jump" feel the series is beginning to develop. Still, nice motorbike fight in episode 4, there's some very good fighting here. I have no idea how Kuro is able to tolerate being run over again and again like that, though.

It's got decent storytelling, but Akane and Keita are idiots and as a result they weaken the story.

I do kind of enjoy the hard rock music that begins blasting when there's a battle and the switch to piano and orchestra for more normal moments. It's a nice mish-mash of musical genres. The OP is unlistenable IMO, though. I hope there's a switch along the line.

The dub remains a standout. The characters are growing into their roles nicely, and even though the LA actors have to be literally phoning their lines in to NYAV Post they sound just as good as the NY actors who have the advantage of actually being directed in person.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"You do seem to have an excess of fat on your chest." Kuro, Kuro, Kuro.

Episode 7: This one seems to be fairly off-model, to the point of being distracting. I was waiting for the animation to finally take a hit and I guess the realities of the budget have finally impacted the show.

Episode 6 was better than the majority of the series thus far. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn makes everything better. She may only have one voice but she gets into character incredibly well and her acting is always A-level.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whoa, the new OP is hardcore. It's like the Death Note 2nd OP in pure awesomeness, except without the screaming. It's got me psyched up for the 2nd half of the series.

I've really been enjoying the tension of the first 12 episodes, culmulating in the final battle and the predictable but still spectacular betrayal that takes place in it. What a way to shatter the status quo. And Steiner . . . I had a feeling what would happen to him would happen, but didn't expect it to happen yet. Even more surprising, I actually cared a bit.

I've read some of the manga source material and was not impressed with it. The anime has changed the story so drastically but I find the anime's way of doing things far more satisfying and effective.

EDIT: Is anyone else going to comment on this or is it just going to be me? XD

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will!

Yeah, the new OP is indeed almost to the level of awesome as Death Note OP 2.

I haven't read any of the manga, but I definitely like the anime so far.

Also, for the first anime to be broadcast in Japanese and English almost simultaneously, the dub is still top notch.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's funny you say that, since I usually hear the opposite everywhere else. I haven't actually looked at the manga myself, but I find the anime to be really entertaining. It's far from the best thing I've ever seen, but the characters are likable and the fighting is awesome. The plot twists, while predictable, make the show very interesting to watch and see how things pan out.

And I have to say, the dub is my favorite thing about the show. Lots of good talent.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mike Sinterniklaas and Marc Thompson are doing a great job directing and the cast is excellent, whether they are from NY or LA. I think it helps that this is union, considering Crispin Freeman, Wil Wheaton, Steve Blum, and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn are all involved. There's some really good talent here. I hope NYAV Post continues to be commissioned for NY/LA co-productions in the future. Considering how well the Huntik, Freedom, and Kurokami's dubs are turning out . . .

I am enjoying the post-apocalyptic twist going on right now as well.

I've heard the plot described as "grown-up Zatch Bell" and it fits in a uncanny way.

Yeah, I've cringed at NY voice actors a little since 4Piece, but they're doing great.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think it shows how important good scripts and voice direction are for dubbing. Kurokami's got a decent English script written so the VAs actually deliver lines that sound natural to the ear. This really shows the talent behind NYAV Post goes far beyond the directors and proves the studio neeRAB more work. And it also shows that the NY actors are indeed very good despite their reputation, they just need better scripts and direction in order for them to bring out their abilities as actors/actresses.

Though I'm sure being able to swear for once helps too. XD

Then again, NYAV Post has to make a ton of money for recording Venture Bros. . .

I can't help but feel that CN/AS has blown it when it comes to this show. This show easily fits in at TV-14, the show is a good minute shorter than the usual anime episode (so there isn't any real need for timecuts to the ED or the cliffhangers they throw in after the ED), and it corabines adult and youth themes very well with a straightforward but layered story. Is it generic in places? Yeah, sure, but it's entertaining. As long as the show doesn't crurable in its final episodes I'll be happy that I invested my time in this.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, it's just that sometimes I'll hear a NY voice actor and have a flasrabroadack to a 4KiRAB dub and it makes me sad. But they do a great job in this, even though I still think Laura Bailey does the best job in this dub.

And I think them being in 4KiRAB dubs makes it pretty funny when they swear.

Also, I don't care if he's been in 4KiRAB dubs; everything Mike Sinterniklaas does is gold.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information