Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

You're going to hate this man

It wasn't an actual 100 best list, it was a series of 9 top 10 and two top 5 cartoon lists done in 2005. I could set up all the lists if you want.

Eh, that's Wizard for you - the magazine whose editorial staff need Ritalin. You want consistency, then you look to a different publication. They had one years ago where Pandamonium was the worst cartoon ever, which is a show so obscure I've never heard of it.

I knew of Pandamonium, I've read about it, but I've never actually seen it. Either my local CBS affiliate at the time didn't carry the show, or it was on opposite something else I liked. In any regard, based on what I've heard, there are far worse shows than Pandamonium, and I've actually seen several examples.

Well, it was a four year difference. Editors and contributors come and go, so the lists change.

He probaly single those shows out cause they were more populare then toons he like so he bash them to make himself fell better.

All I can say is everybody is entitled to an opinion ... even stupid people.

Many of the cartoons listed serve as templates for modern shows. Classics such as Silverhawks, Scooby and Transformers had a number of writers; some were well written, some were filler-quality. Every show is like that. Shows like Pokemon brought anime mainstream in the 1990s, even more than Robotech did in the 1980s. While I'm no anime lover, those of you who are had better be thankful (or else you'd still be importing $30 DVDs in Japanese only!).

If I had to create a list of worst cartoons ever, most of them would be shows from the 1970s and 2000s. Nick and Cartoon Network tend to be homes for the worst modern shows. And that's kind of sad, if you think about it. Cartoons in the 70s were still trying to understand the medium for television, while the modern 2000s cartoons are trying to be more vulgar and "different".

Good thing I have DVDs to watch.

Hmm... when the subject came up at another board, someone posted the list in this order:

Scooby Doo
    Turbo Teen
    Jabberjaw
    Drac Pack
    Yo Togi
    Chuck Norris and Karate Kommandos
    Avengers United We Stand
    Godzilla Power Hour
    Little Rosie
    Life With Louie

Can anyone verify which is right?
    (in case anyone's wondering, I collect these lists :sweat

Well, I took mine straight from the magazine. The person who put it in this order must of known all of the shows on the list, but not in the correct order.

There was actually stuff going on in those cartoons, though. Goof Troop was like a bad sitcom. I also have to wonder where all the duck people were in Goof Troop? I mean, those other shows had different types of animals, but Goof Troop only had dog people. Were they trying to promote segregation or what? I also had a problem with the way Goofy's arms were black when he wore a shirt, but then when he took off his shirt, his arms and body appeared tan.

I actually think the list left out a lot of shows. Thundercats and Voltron need to be on that list.

An even worse case of species segregation than Goof Troop was Quack Pack. The show allegedly took place in Duckberg (the same place that DuckTales was set in), and yet except for the titular Ducks themselves, everyone was human. So what happened to the other anthros?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information