Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: # of Receivers

ss_blake

# of Receivers

I just got a new sub to Bell and the Bell store and various call center agents all give conflicting info

1. "Install yourself" and waive the $99 fee on 1yr contract? Bell will NOT let you intall a 9242 HD-PVR yourself (but apparently they will with a 6141!). You HAVE to have an installer come and do it before they activate you!

2. $10/month discount with new sub. Bell store said it will be applied to my purchased receiver. Call center now says this only applies on a new 2yr rental, not purchases.

3. 50% discount on receiver purchase. Bell store says needs to be a 2 year contract, call center says 12 months is ok

Ex Agent EV

# of Receivers

If you buy you can do whathever pleases you...

If you rent, you have no choice, you need to have a professional installation.

Here is the details on that promo:
    (see it at:http://www.bell.ca/shopping/portlets...item_sku=62129)
    50% off any system
    1)Installation included
    2)$10 Pay Per View credit
    3)2 months of free movies
    4) Offer ends December 31, 2008. Available to residential customers, where access and line of sight permit. Valid photo ID and pre-authorization on a credit card or EFT required to activate system. Early termination fees apply. Subject to change without notice and cannot be combined with any other offer unless otherwise specified. Taxes extra. While quantities last. May not be as shown. Other conditions apply.
    1 With a new account and purchase of a system on a 1- or 2-yr. contract. Customer must purchase a system between Oct 30 - Dec 31, 2008, book their installation by Dec 31, 2008 and activate the system within 60 days. Applied as a credit on the account before taxes.
    2 Covers basic professional installation of the primary system. For eligibility see www.bell.ca/installationincluded.
    3 Applied in the form of a credit on the account before taxes. Valid for 60 days after system activation and can be used against any Venus or Vu! movie or event.
    4HBO is a service mark of Home Box Office, Inc. Used under license. Logo: �Home Box Office, Inc.
    With a new account and purchase of a system on a 1- or 2-yr. contract and subscription to The Movie Network or Movie Central. The then regular rate applies thereafter. Applied as a credit on the account before taxes. Customer must purchase a system between Oct 30 - Dec 31, 2008, book installation by Dec 31, 2008 and activate the system within 60 days.

Print that page and go ahead an buy your system. If you are not refunded send a fax at the billing departement. First page should have your name, account number, phone number and a description of the billing problem. Second page should be a copy of the offer. I will provide you with the fax number as soon as I find it

fortissimo

# of Receivers

Does HD PVR count as 2? 2 Bell stores today said HD PVR counts as 2 receivers (and also only 4 receivers in total in one account, didn't mention own or rental, but my friend is going to rent 3 and buy 1, and this is communicated to the sales staff). None of the store said that if owned then it can be 6 (although my friend only wants 4, but one is HD PVR).

Pinza

# of Receivers

Am I the only one who thinks it is crazy that the correct information is available here from a Girl who lost her job helping others.!!!!!

There was another poster on this Forum several months ago that was tracked down by Bell, for posting the truth, 'cos it hurt them. He was not working for Bell so they could do nothing....

This issue shows the very limited amount of training and understanding that is received by the CSR's.

Just to confirm, the correct info is in this thread. The info given by Bell employees is/was wrong but that is no surprise to most of us here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information