Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: hostel

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hostel

The version i've seen was very violent and gory, I haven't watched it at the cinema instead I got hold of the DVD which is an absolute perfect copy, if the version i've seen was cut then the unrated version will basically be a snuff film!

hostel

I saw this last night... the first half was slow, but probably the strongest part of the movie. A gradual descent/entrappment. The next quarter had the gore, which didn't affect me much. The final quarter became very silly and cliched. It was as if the writer had imagined his horrific situation in great detail but couldn't see how to bring it to a satisfying ending, so resorted to '70s video-nasty rape/revenge formula.

Overall it was a bit too simple. I'd rather something with a more convoluted plot, such as Saw or Se7en, even if it was less plausible.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hostel

I don't mind gore as long as it's not just gore for the sake of it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hostel

Ok, thats good because Wolf Creek really freaked me out! But the OH wants to see Hostel and I am interested in the idea, so will go along and try not to be too much of a wuss!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hostel

I've just seen this. I went alone to the cinema to a late night showing as all my frienRAB are wimps!

[SPOILER]

Anyway, first thing, I was surprised, and impressed that the protagonist (lead role) wasnt who I thought it was going to be. I thought it would be the other american guy, cos he was the one that refused to sleep with the prostitute and you seemed to get his view more in the first half

I was expecting more the 'saw' formula, whereas this seemed more like a hollywood blockbuster formula, with the main character escaping, getting revenge, happy ever after etc

Despite that, I liked it. I liked not only that he killed the weird hand guy but he left the card on the floor, so the police would find the torture place.

I liked that he had the guts to run over the girls. And they deserved it! I could have cheered then!

I hated the fact that once he had escaped he went back for the Asian girl. I know its a huge moral dilemma. But personally, I would no way risk going back. No deal!

I didnt like all of the chasing around the torture place, and especially him hiding on the trolley of dead bodies. Not only did he manage to remove all the bodies and parts, lay on the bottom of the trolley and then position them all on top of him again in about 5 seconRAB, but the whole idea was very cliche.

I liked that Eli was gutsy enough to allow the Asian girl to jump in front of the train, but I thought it was rather selfish of her!

I thought that they were both reacting very well to their injuries!
    Wasnt Paxton stabbed in the legs as well? He was limping for a while but seemed to recover very quickly

I hated the torture scenes, but considering thats what the film was about, I wish there had been more. You didnt see many different things going on. They really should have shocked us more. I think when we saw flashes of people being tortured there was someone on a stretching machine. Maybe we could have seen that?

It is a very scary thought, and I can imagine this happening in the world

I was thinking of taking off in a few weeks and backpacking for a week or two around Europe on interrail.

Not so sure now!!

7.5/10 from me

[/SPOILER]

hostel

Im going to have to see this film. Ive seen its advertisement and Quinten Tarrentino being involved. SounRAB like one, worth a night out for.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hostel

Very poor in my opinion - not anywhere near as good as Saw - the gore was just too over the top which made it watchable and infact a little dull.
    Not sure what is getting the guys so excited about the sex scenes - they are very tame indeed!
    The ending was pretty laughable - overall I am very disappointed and would not recomend this to anyone!
    Tasty lead actor though

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hostel

My friend said it's just naked women and torture......is this true?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hostel

he isnt involved.... just using him as a marketing tool

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

hostel

Yeah that is a very basic way to sum up the whole film as one half is naked woman and the other half is toture!
    Marcus69 did you see the Region 1 DVD which is meant to be the unrated version of the film?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information