Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So PS2 and PS3 dont charge for online play yet Xbox and 360 do???

Slightly negro. Slightly. I'd make the game winning 3 point shot and they'd just be lifeless... like they're not getting paid enough as it is.

No not yet, but I know a few people that have one, and have played it.

It shows what game they're playing....if you log all the way out. They still can't recieve invites, unless they're playing the same game. Invites still don't bring them into the game. Etc., etc.

And frankly....none of that stuff I listed is acceptable if you want a truly great online expereince.

btw i almost never experience lag

seeing a friend log in while you're playing GOW campaign and inviting them to join in is sweet. no having to back out and start over or anything, they accept the invite and BOOM, they're playing along with you.

I would imagine the backbone of the system is the same as the PS2. So essentially, they'd be sharing servers.

even without all those features, it doesn't mean you can't have a good online experience

any evidence to support that? and regardless, the amount of info being sent/received in a 360/ps3 game should be substantially greater than in a ps2 game, correct?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

if xbox live is going to charge a monthly fee i think they need to start offering dedicated servers for latency sensitive games

thing you gotta remember, xbox live was far from what it is now when 360 was launched. its come a long way since. being sonys first real attempt at online all the time service, i think its pretty nice. its pretty much xbl with some minor differences. which isnt a bad thing to "copy" since xbl is quite nice and easy to use. id say give ps3 online another few months and see what they add and make work with updates. a year from now, im sure ps3 online will have all the features ive heard people complain about.

i still get lag once in awhile when i play with random people in gears, but thats cause its a person hosting on the bare minimum for internet connection. as long as someone has good connection, game should be lag free. resistance for example, your playing with 32 more players than gears supports and ive yet to experience any lag. runs like your playing over a network or lan. but on the other hand, cod 3 on 360 supports 24 i believe it is, and ive yet to have any real problems with lag myself. so id say both online services are or will be very nice for each system in the future.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

what exactly is so funny? am i missing something here?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information