Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    arminia

BEV Price Increase...

Just called yesterday no waiting got a csr as soon as I finished pushing the 20 or so numbers.

mac dude

BEV Price Increase...

Ilovemusic: I'm guessing that you got free rental of the receivers for a while? If so, you got a great deal - especially if that's a $30/35 value. You don't have to pay to have extra "service" like Cable, but you do have to pay to rent additional receivers. It seems to come down to what kind of deal you got as a new subscriber - because after they've got you it's more difficult to negotiate.

When you compare what you have to Cable - especially considering the free receiver rental, you've been getting a heck of a deal for quite a while. Way better than Cable.

I just bought a system with a PVR. I'm glad, because even though the receiver is only warrantied for a year, if it lasts 3 months past a year, it's paid for itsself - least that's the way I'm looking at it. If it died in month 16, I could rent a receiver and be no worse off. I'm expecting it will last longer however.

barter

BEV Price Increase...

All you have to do to get a csr quick is indicate you are a new customer or that you need technical surport, you will get a csr instantly 24 hours a day, no wait.

I called last night to downgrade my sub , due to the raise in basic charge and not wanting to pay anymore $ for satillite tv I decided to remove a themepack so now they will be getting a a $1 less a month, as compared to the amount they charged me previously.

barter

BEV Price Increase...

Well current subs with a contract have their prices locked in untill their contract expires?
    This really sucks. It will only force existing sub's to look at their options else where. As I will be doing once my contract runs out.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

BEV Price Increase...

Everyone should do that. They might notice. I'm going to get rid of some channels. I sub to lots of channels that I never look at.

I'm still waiting for the option to sub to hd channels only, and not have any sd. Probably a year or two before we get that option.

SuperDarrell71

BEV Price Increase...

Maybe this is a good time to switch back to SC, considering I have a good friend that works there. The only thing I can't stand is not having MuchMoreRetro. I'm sure I can work around the HDPVR and lack of HD channel selection. We'll see how I feel in the next few months.

On second thought, I have NHLCI, so I might have to wait until after the hockey season ends.

Oh, the horror! I'm such a fan of BEV, but will be branded as the worlds biggest traitor if I switch. Then again, it's only $4. So, for $31, I can have the Digital Standard, or for $33.99 ($34), I can have Bronze. Still, I can't justify their increase.

Kloraff

BEV Price Increase...

Yes, I am on the french all-in-one package and recieved a letter to that effect with a new programming guide to reflect the changes just yesterday.

TheSensFan

BEV Price Increase...

Could not have said it better myself.

dirtyjeffer

BEV Price Increase...

this doesn't sound right...if you have four receivers, and didn't have to pay for them, you are most likely renting them...bell never gave away four free receivers, or free rental on four of them for 2 years...besides, even if you went back to cable, if you wanted all your digital channels, you will still need four digital terminals from your cable company.

you should double check your bill, as you are most likely renting the receivers already, so the only increase you should see is the $4...unless you got some secret deal that is special to you, but that is unlikely...and even if that's the case, 4 receivers are $12, and the increase is $4, so that would be $16, not over $30/$35 like you state (unless you have some PVR's or HD receivers in the mix).

visiter555

BEV Price Increase...

I suspect it does not have any effect of those with contracts and those who have "Grandfathered" packages either. That is "at this time"...if the contract allows for increases or when it expires...WHAM!!

Vis

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information