Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you think about Eureka 7?

Quote Originally Posted by silver_omicron
    It's definately getting more interesting, I've only caught about two-three episodes right now but the episodes i've seen do have plot.

It's almost exactly like Evangelion, except instead of Religious references, it has pop culture references.
    I agree with the first part, as my enthusiasm for the series has increased since the introduction of Anemone after waning for several episodes. This series however, is nothing like NGE.

-gecko-

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder
    The long hair guy from the prison is VERY important later on in the show. However, at the moment you don't need to know who he is because he won't be included in the story till much later (at least another 10 eps i think) so just pretend you didn't see him :P I also find it a little weird how they introduced him so early on. Maybe the E7 writers didn't expect to get a 2nd season... Thank God they did :lol:
    I think they introduced him early to show his investigation of what he is to do (Ep 7 with the intel guy) and as I read in Newtype USA [spoiler]his connection to Holland. Why? because they have shown them as both reading the same echi magazine! [/spoiler]

Yeah, I'll keep watching the show on AS.

Ilikeulikeme

I really can't get into either it moves too slow and there is rarely in mechs I don't know maybe it'll get better

DaZ616

I was going to watching this show, but seeing how you people rate it, maybe it can be put on "hold"...

-DaZ

WesW

I downloaded the entire first season last fall fansubbed and watched it at one time, which is probably better than having to wait a week between eps, especially for the first half of the series which is pretty slow. The first 10-12 eps are about like the first 30 min. of a movie, where they set up the characters, situations, etc. After that they get into the meat of the storyline, and then things get really good.
    And don't be too sure that you've seen who the characters really are, in fact none of them has been fleshed out yet. There is a lot more to the crew of the Gekko State than the stoner-dudes persona that has been displayed so far.
    I think this is one series which will go over much better when they strip it on the Mon-Thur lineup after the initial showing is finished.

Pleroma

Its not really a mech show, it has some pretty cool battles but the enjoyment comes from the character interactions here. Also don't forget that its 50 episodes long, so don't expact much this early on, just trust all of those who have seen it and assure you that it is an awsome show.

v1cious

Quote Originally Posted by hikaru393
    does the story skip a year or something i was watching an amv for eureka 7 and it had a kid that looked like renton in a white mecha and had new cloths and looked older is that renton or a new person?
    [spoiler]it's Nirvash's final form. Renton doesn't unleash it till the last episode.[/spoiler]

v1cious

Quote Originally Posted by -gecko-
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidder
    The long hair guy from the prison is VERY important later on in the show. However, at the moment you don't need to know who he is because he won't be included in the story till much later (at least another 10 eps i think) so just pretend you didn't see him :P I also find it a little weird how they introduced him so early on. Maybe the E7 writers didn't expect to get a 2nd season... Thank God they did :lol:
    I think they introduced him early to show his investigation of what he is to do (Ep 7 with the intel guy) and as I read in Newtype USA [spoiler]his connection to Holland. Why? because they have shown them as both reading the same echi magazine! [/spoiler]

Yeah, I'll keep watching the show on AS.
    it's not a magazine, it's The Golden Bough http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Bough

Chobits06

It does stink that all the shows are on saturdays.. I keep looking forward to saturdays..And I think Eureka 7 is a really great show...I like Ren Ten!! ^.^

SharinganEyes92

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsujin
    On a positive note, the themes for the opening and closing sounded (to me) richer, more full-bodied, more textured, and more muscular. I just could not enojoy the themes used during the first thirteen episodes. I'm glad for the change.
    Yeah, I just watched the episode on Tivo, and the opening and closing were much better than the old ones. Although I liked the old ones, these were considerably better.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information