Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Bouquet of Barbed Wire ITV 1

Hmm! Except plenty on DS don't express their true view, but pretend to go along with the flow or majority view of the thread, in order not to get flamed. You can always tell when they invent things they claim to have seen or heard said in what they've been watching

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Prue in the original series was a spoilt brat most of the time, in fact all the characters had their dubious points but you still sort of liked them

[SPOILER]even Gavin, who Prue wound up so much he ended up beating her senseless[/SPOILER]

The characters this time round seem much more simplified, less shades of grey, but I suppose it's a shorter series and broader strokes are used.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just saw a really lovely interview on 'This Morning' with the man who plays Gavin. Came across as very sweet and given me new respect for his acting in this. I just think the writing in this is too rushed and overheated - nothing anyone does comes across to me as what someone would do - but I think the actors are doing their best with it. I don't think actors can save a really rubbish story.

He said that he was in a lift the other day with a man who said, 'My wife thinks you're horrible, and I said if I met someone like you I'd punch them' so it is convincing up to a point.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I saw the original but I was only about 11 (realise I probably shouldn't have been watching it) so don't really remember what happened. Wasn't Gavin American in the original? I realise that I'm also confusing a lot of it with Andrea Newman's "Sense of Guilt" because Trevor Eve played a big sleazo called Felix perving over his daughter's teenage friend.

Anyway, I'll get to the point of my post...can anyone briefly summarise the ORIGINAL series and how different is it from this one?

Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information