Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Official Thread: Nokia E5

+1

Since I've left S60 and WinMo, it's like a whole new app world (no pun intended).

I'm able to listen to and watch all the highlights from the Phillies games on my phone with the MLB At Bat app. There's just nothing like it on S60. I can stream internet radio with S60 and Pandora, both missing on S60.

I don't have to worry about expired developer certificates, or version incompatibilities. I went through hell trying to find a working SSH client on S60 (and WinMo, to be fair). It took me about 30 seconds with the blackberry.

Maybe QT will make things easier, but I sincerely doubt it. The problem isn't *just* that Symbian is hard to develop for. The problem is that Symbian is hard to develop for and Nokia is very developer unfriendly. It's a deadly combination.

True, it's kind of a yawner, but I bet the E5 will make a great, second, back-up phone to have around.

Other than the other C-series, that's it? No N8? No Super Phone to rival a Nexus One? It looks like the company is really going for the emerging-market low end segment.

Actually, yes it is considered high end, although I wouldn't recommend going for it. Microsoft killed off Windows Mobile, so you have to be comfortable buying abandon-ware.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL. I just read through 7 pages of comments in this thread, but I don't see one comment or question from a person that actually owns this phone. I've seen a couple places where I can get this phone for under $200. I liked the E72, but ultimately sold it due to frustration with Nokia Messaging (but I think I figured out how to bypass it with my N86) The other deal breaker for me on the E72 was the optical joystick. It was great for navigation, but I hated it for taking pictures. I may look at trying this one out.

Does anyone own this phone, can you give any input? Thanks

this is the upgrade to the e63 was confirmed in the questionaire about the products.
    Here is the link
    http://www.coveritlive.com/index.php...ode=eb59c9f642

I bought mine on ebay. It was from a seller called "exclusivepawn" It was basically new, without the box and manuals. I paid $169 shipped. They don't have one up for sale right now. But I did see that another seller has one for $175 shipped. Its a refurb though.

Too bad, I would have sold you mine for $150 a couple of weeks ago. But its gone now.

I can completely understand your concerns, although they are more of your specific needs.
    I will try and tell you why i chose the e72 over the 9700 i had although they are both great devices.

The e72 has the better camera for me and is more media centric when it comes to the camera and video dept, in terms of sharing and editing.

The e72 is not locked down by a specific data plan ex: bb data plan without it the bb is really useless for many apps and total integration, so i can buy a e72 unlocked set it up and use it.

The apps is really based on what you need so for me blackberry only stores apps to phone memory which means 90% if not all are data centric, ex: when i download the bible on my e72 i can read it offline because its not based upon data, as well as gps i can store full maps on my device and it will work without the use of data, although if i try to connect without data it will take a few minutes, but it still can be used, the same goes for the audio book reader or any book reader all can be done without the use of data.

The bb has no pixel pipe app, so i cant just upload my pics or vids to anywhere as conveniently, with pixel pipe i can upload to snapfish, flickr, facebook(if i had an account), twitter and so on and so forth with 1 click of a button, i cant do this on the bb.
    I am limited on the file size in emails, cant download anything over 3mb which is a bummer to me( i am not a business user).

Camera and browser are both better on e72, build quality is better, over all both great devices, glad we have a choice but there is no clear cut winner.
    I also had a friend whos wife had the 9700 and it wouldnt sync with her hospital servers unless she purchased an additional $60.00 in software, with the e72 she had no issues so go figure, again its all user based and opinion at the end of the day. :buddies:

This is where i have to disagree to an extent, nokia messaging on 5th edition is nothing compared to it on the e72, I have had a surprisingly excellent experience with nokia messaging on e72, on 5th edition i can take it or leave it. ( yes nokia needs to be consistent for sure) Why different messaging apps where bb's are standard throughout.

The e72 has same or similar short cuts for messaging and i have had no shortages unlike when i had my bb I had bis down at least 3 times, thats not to say it wasn't excellent over all, just sharing my experience.
    Jimmy again you mention HTC which i did say was highend, but then u say iphone and 9700 are, and there specs don't compare in that sense to the androids coming out, again its not about apps im talking about.

If we talk hardware then the e5 is higher end than the e72 due to the 256 ram and puts it on par if not better than the 9700 because of the 5mp camera and free navigation, although still lacking in screen resolution.

What about front camera on e72 for skype calls, better build quality than the 9700 and better camera and able to store apps to memory card, and being able to use gps without data, or nokia messaging without having a special data plan ect...
    I am not saying it is better than the 9700, im just trying to figure out why you would consider it higher end is all. :buddies:

Why do you say that? N8 will be high end. Some S^4 devices will for sure be pretty high end. Many Meego devices will be high end. They are spending a lot of resources to get them ready.

Not a bad phone at all but I'm tired of 2.4" QVGA screen.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information