Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    merve04

I must leave BEV - how can I reduce cancellation fee?

well my last statement was Sept 22nd, and i got a bill after that one being 0 dollars, lets hope for the best. To the person who mentioned Expressvu for condo's and VDSL.. yaa not here in edmonton, but Telus do IPTV but im sure its crap. Atlease this gave me a good oppertunity of getting rid of my mpeg2 box and when the day comes that i can have expressvu again, well im sure the mpeg 4 hardware will be out, and on top of that, shaw gave me a free HD PVR, so I got to make a profit off my expressvu hardware, double bonus!

Nimiq 1

The total and utter ineptitude of Express Vu.....

I_Want_My_HDTV

It wasn't totally covered up. OTOH, EV kept a lot of information about the issues from their own staff and certainly don't advertise it to the public. If you reach a third level tech or higher they will often acknowledge the issues but most others will know nothing about it.

haystack

Your excused ! but I don't think the average sane person has purchased Well over $2000 in Expressvu receivers. There is nothing wrong with it mind you but it's overkill to most.

Ex Agent EV

We will allow you to change the billing name and bill to adress, you can also use a moving promo to hook the service at the person's house. The name of the account can not be changed during the contract...

trueimage

I recently was told my building was being converted into condos. I did not want to pay what they were asking to buy my unit and so I moved, luckily to a nicer place down the block. Unfortunately I am not on the northwest corner of the building. I have just been informed that my condo will not allow bell to install my dish on the roof. Therefore I can't get BEV (or Star Choice) and so my only option is Shaw.

I am trying to get out of the $200 BEV cancellation fee since I moved and now cannot receive their service. I am going to try and unload my hardware by trading in to Shaw, or selling locally.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I_Want_My_HDTV

That's the understatement of the century.

Q

Did you try telling them what happened? They may work something out with you.

on another note........I thought it was legal to put a dish up?

Ex Agent EV

Called back the day after faxed the papers...

1rst call:Girl was lost... I explained her that he moved and can not receive service where he movd. Pretty simple, non? She put me on hold to go verify if papers were received. She comes back asking m exactly what I wanted, if I wanted to cancel the account closing dat and make sure the service continues. Dah! He can not have service were he moved! She puts me on hold again to go vrify if papers were received. I had to leave to get my eyes exam...soI hung up on her

2nd call:Called from the bus... Very nice agent, seemed a bit more knowledgeable... Put me on hold again off and on, and after a 20 minutes my cell phone died

3rd call:Very rude and bitchy agent... Seh says there is no way she could find out if indeed papers were received. She confirmed that service will be disconnected on the 1th of February. She told me that I just have to wait the next bill, she if early termination charges are there and if they are call again and refer to those papers. Wow! So useful!

On all 3 calls I gave the new adress to make sure bills come to his adress, not to the ex's house
    Guess what?
    I went on line 3 days later, checked if a new bill was out and guess what adress was on? The ex's!

I faxed again the papers and included a note saying they should call us back to let us know what was going on, and to confirm that those papers were indeed received sine customer service coudn't confirm anything. so far w haven't heard from them

Also send an e-mail throught the contact us section on the bell.ca web site. They said he had to pay until February 16th, which is wrong, he should pay until the 1rst day he coudn't receive the service in this case January 14th, according to the lease, and they requested to confirm the adress of service. Again???

We're crosing our fingers that the bill will come out with no termination charges. Since nobody could tell us for sure we will wait until the bill is out.

I will keep you informed on how it goes

Ex Agent EV

The solution is quite simple...get a letter from the responsible of the building stating that it's fobidden to install a dish were you move.

Call our customer service center number and get the fax number.

Fax us the letter with you name, account number and a short explanation stating:to credit early temination charges

Once we received that letter we would request a credit and it would take 3-6 weeks for it to be applied on your account

It would be the same process if you moved to USA, so using that line would not change things. And if you were to illegally use your dish in the USA we will shut down your service, of course, but charge you the early termination too so that solution it's not a good option too

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information