Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

I have a xbox360 and a HD TV and the HD isn't working when I switch the switch on?

I have an HD ready TV I just bought it today, And I have a xbox 360 that came with HD cables, I plugges up the cables to the back of my tv (2 red, 1 green, 1 blue, and one white) and I switched the switch on the xbox cables to HDTV and its not working at all =[ All I get is the normal blue screen on my TV saying No Signal. Any Ideas to what could be the problem??!
    yeah I have the right input, its Component 1 and theres no way to turn on the HD on my TV. Ive looked everywhere for that option and cant find it

TonyW
    ** i just read the "additional details" part of your question after i posted my answer, and ya for HD gaming you have to go to "HDMI1" input not "COMPONENT1" because comeponent1 is for the regular xbox 360 component cable. but HDMI1 input is for the HD gaming**

ya like dave said, it could be the input channel, i have a sony flat screen, and i press "input" on the remote then i scroll to "HDMI1" and it works for me, but the thing is, i Have an HD converter box for my tv( so i get HD channels in High Def) so i already have an HDMI cable, not like the one that comes with xbox 360. The HDMI cable i have is a single chord that plugs into the "HDMI" input on the back of the xbox 360, and then when the HDMI cable is plugged in i take out the entire component cable (the one with the red,green, and white wires) and thats how i get my HD for my 360. If u still dont get what im saying, and you want to see what i mean just tell me and ill make a youtube video showing you what i mean.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    make sure the HD setting on your tv's digital display settings in the TV settings menu is turned ON. On my one tv, I have to go into the tv's setting/options and turn the HD on for some reason. Xbox 360 in HD is sweet (esp for gears of war, COD, and halo)

also, are you on the right input channel? some tv's have like several input channels (but this prob isn't the problem)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    make sure the HD setting on your tv's digital display settings in the TV settings menu is turned ON. On my one tv, I have to go into the tv's setting/options and turn the HD on for some reason. Xbox 360 in HD is sweet (esp for gears of war, COD, and halo)

also, are you on the right input channel? some tv's have like several input channels (but this prob isn't the problem)

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information