Hi, I have been interested in getting a prepaid cell phone for awhile now, but Im curious as to how they work. I need somebody that either works with one of these companies or has/had a prepaid plan with them. I need you to explain as simply as possible. How you activate the sim card? Is there a fee for the initial activation? How do you put minutes on your phone, and how does that apply to international calls? How exactly do prepaid phone cards work, and what do they mean it can expire if your unused mintues transfer to the next month? Is it possible to go over your minutes and be charged, or what if someone sends you a text or tries to call you on your fone and you dont have minutes?? will you be charged extra or something? Is it cheaper than having a plan if you dont use your fone very often? What is the charge per minute? Do you get free night and weekend minutes as well, and does that apply to international calls too? If there is a such thing as free mobile to mobile minutes with a prepaid plan, does it only apply to those also with a prepaid plan with that same company or anyone with a service plan with the same company? How much does the average person spend a month using a prepaid phone plan with At&T or T-mobile? Which company has the better prepaid plan? and do you recommend getting a prepaid phone plan with one of these companies? Sorry its a lot of questions. I just turned 18, and all of this is new to me, but I want to get a very affordable plan using a very expensive phone and i want to make sure I wont be cheated in anyway, and when I check the website, its just hard for me to understand exactly what they mean with all the information they put out there.. Thanks ahead of time